What does your pond look like ... Today?

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Wow Larkin, Your fish and ponds are amazing.

I can't believe how big the one koi in the second video is (I don't know the proper name but it was orange, white and black) It's huge :wideyed: :cool:
The two biggest Koi are both Orange black and white, Both are Sanke, I'm not 100% sure of the exact size, the biggest one is Bubbles, she has big eyes, and was 31" when last measured a year and a half ago, The second Biggest is Bertha, She was 30" last time she was measured, again a year and a half ago. The smallest fish in the pond is over 12" and I don't think either of them were in the video's. Most are over 15-16" Thing is, the Biggest
fish on the farm aren't even in that pond. lol

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
First no rain and pond leak and now pond is full to over fill pipe and rain predicted for the rest of the week .If I had known this I would have taken the filter apart .They said at first a chance of showers at 50% ,they were wrong as usual

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
pond after all this rain and it is supposed to rain all week .Can't get much done today that is for sure

Attachments

• pond after all this rain  sept.26 -15 013.JPG
    pond after all this rain sept.26 -15 013.JPG
    257.5 KB · Views: 130
  • pond after all this rain  sept.26 -15 017.JPG
    pond after all this rain sept.26 -15 017.JPG
    201.1 KB · Views: 136
  • pond after all this rain  sept.26 -15 018.JPG
    pond after all this rain sept.26 -15 018.JPG
    218.1 KB · Views: 149
  • pond after all this rain  sept.26 -15 029.JPG
    pond after all this rain sept.26 -15 029.JPG
    186.6 KB · Views: 132
  • pond after all this rain  sept.26 -15 009.JPG
    pond after all this rain sept.26 -15 009.JPG
    288 KB · Views: 167
  • pond after all this rain  sept.26 -15 014.JPG
    pond after all this rain sept.26 -15 014.JPG
    147.8 KB · Views: 146

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I just came in and took measurements to decide what to do next with the waterfall .I have a piece of 10 by 12 epdm liner and going to take the waterfall pond apart when it stops raining and it sure is damp and cold out .Thanks addy but i am going to give this a try and if it does not work well then it is meant to be .Seems like every time i go out there it starts raining hard .But the only way i can figure this out is to stand there and stare at it .I took all the measurements and still cannot figure out why that seaming tape did not hold the epdm to the pvc .I cleaned it good and weighted it down and checked it and double checked it before the water was even added to that area .But i can see it did not stick at all after .I wonder if the tape froze over the winter when the waterfall was turned off .It is not wet under there at all though .I thought it would be after all this rain . I'm confused by this whole thing .

peter hillman

Let me think for minute....
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
Purchased an air pump and stone today, put in the deepest part, seems like an in-expensive way to add aeration. I hope they're happy now.

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    158.8 KB · Views: 196
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    203.2 KB · Views: 154

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have a laguna one but have a petco one with 4 ports that i bought 6 years ago and it came with every thing for less than 30 dollars .i use it when i bring the stock tanks and plants into the basement .I am surprise at how well it works and how long it has lasted

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
So I received a letter from the town Friday. They are in the process of getting tax maps. Enclosed was a photocopy aerial photo of our 20 acre parcel. I was so excited, I looked it over for about a half hour. I'm not sure when it was taken. Either spring or fall. The brown areas are actually Maple trees. No leaves, so, they don't show up. The two ponds do though. :whistle:
property%20map%20and%20turkeys%20006.jpg

property%20map%20and%20turkeys%20005.jpg

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
We get that online through the Pittsylvania county GIS sight and it shows you who owns the properties .But they do warn you that the lines are off because it is all done from space so you should always check your property stakes .I have the big metal poles at each of my stakes .The property I own in Pittsville VA is almost 12 acres and horses live there .My property is just over 3 here since Jody signed over the small strip behind my house to me so he would not have to maintain it or worry about it .

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I was so excited, I looked it over for about a half hour.

Do you ever look at Google Maps? I've spend hours and hours on it.

Also, Google Earth has previous shots, too, so you can see your land over the last 10-15 years, depending on how many times they've gotten images of it. Some areas have much fewer images than others.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Do you ever look at Google Maps? I've spend hours and hours on it.

Also, Google Earth has previous shots, too, so you can see your land over the last 10-15 years, depending on how many times they've gotten images of it. Some areas have much fewer images than others.
No, I never have. I will be sure to check it out though. Thanks. :)

Ask a Question