What does your pond look like ... Today?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have been busy making new birdhouses and cleaned out all the old ones for next year but leave the old bedding on the ground by them .Have to go over to Max Kendall lumber to search there scrap pile again .

Attachments

• build stuff and frog and pond 2015 005.JPG
    build stuff and frog and pond 2015 005.JPG
    118.1 KB · Views: 144
  • build stuff and frog and pond 2015 011.JPG
    build stuff and frog and pond 2015 011.JPG
    128.2 KB · Views: 139
  • build stuff and frog and pond 2015 008.JPG
    build stuff and frog and pond 2015 008.JPG
    120.1 KB · Views: 170
  • build stuff and frog and pond 2015 025.JPG
    build stuff and frog and pond 2015 025.JPG
    272.8 KB · Views: 143
  • build stuff and frog and pond 2015 022.JPG
    build stuff and frog and pond 2015 022.JPG
    284.2 KB · Views: 150
  • build stuff and frog and pond 2015 027.JPG
    build stuff and frog and pond 2015 027.JPG
    277.8 KB · Views: 141
  • build stuff and frog and pond 2015 023.JPG
    build stuff and frog and pond 2015 023.JPG
    292.6 KB · Views: 176

peter hillman

Let me think for minute....
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
I have been busy making new birdhouses and cleaned out all the old ones for next year but leave the old bedding on the ground by them .Have to go over to Max Kendall lumber to search there scrap pile again .
Beautiful :happy:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
thank you 11 years of work all I had is dirt and a house .I placed every rock on the hill and helped build the front porch ,decks and carport and built the shed my self .My son did put the roof on band ran electric and water to it .I insulated it and built all the furniture in it .I placed every rock in the ditch and on the hill and extended the the culvert pipe and built the fence .Every tree and shrub I planted .I owned 3 fixer uppers before this but i was younger and had the energy .I have to think ahead when i start a project ,how do I do this by myself is my first thought .

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Every once in a while I like showing you all my native garden. It's become my main focus since my pond has settled in and doesn't need too much work. I never did finish my waterfall this year but it's bound to happen next year.

I just finished adding another 3' to my native garden so it's now 152 sq. ft., not including two pathways. You can tell which section is a year old. To the bottom right of the camera will be another garden dedicated to fruits and vegetables. I don't grow too much as far as that goes. Tomatoes, Strawberries, a Blueberry bush, and I might try pumpkins or something like that. I don't use pesticides so we'll see what happens. As far as native plants, I think I'm up to nearly 25 different species now.

IMG_4152 copy.jpg

peter hillman

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
Every once in a while I like showing you all my native garden. It's become my main focus since my pond has settled in and doesn't need too much work. I never did finish my waterfall this year but it's bound to happen next year.

I just finished adding another 3' to my native garden so it's now 152 sq. ft., not including two pathways. You can tell which section is a year old. To the bottom right of the camera will be another garden dedicated to fruits and vegetables. I don't grow too much as far as that goes. Tomatoes, Strawberries, a Blueberry bush, and I might try pumpkins or something like that. I don't use pesticides so we'll see what happens. As far as native plants, I think I'm up to nearly 25 different species now.

View attachment 86429
Nevada's state flower is Sagebrush:rolleyes::rolleyes:... It's native and I got one! But your flowers are much more beautiful.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
my pond is having a rain delay and it can rain rain and rain ,the plants and ponds are loving it .I ran into a local tv weatherman saturday .(did not run into him literally ) I was talking to him about the high humidity and my pond water lose and he was telling me that when it has been dry and hot during the day and temps drop at night the humidity goes up and can actually suck water out of water sources like ponds and streams .Wondering if any one else has ever heard of this .We have been in mid 80's to 90's during the day and then it drops to 50's and 60's at night .This was the other day when i happen to have the weather channel on .Humidity in early A.M. I have been watching and it has been around 90 % .Our grass is green and usually by now it is crispy brown.I took this pick at 9:30 AM .Should have taken it at 6 AM when it was 96 %

Attachments

• build stuff and frog and pond 2015 013.JPG
    build stuff and frog and pond 2015 013.JPG
    109.7 KB · Views: 131

peter hillman

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
A brief history of what my pond looks like today.... Pictures of old pictures. This pile of rocks got moved around more than once, who'd of thought they'd never be enough.
001.JPG

first fill
002.JPG

I'm starting with plants, still had my reef tank inside.
003.JPG

the fence to protect the kids.
007.JPG

they played AROUND the pond, not in it.
008.JPG

I extended it about three feet long and a foot wide, new liner. I wanted more sq. feet of water so less plants, took a lot of rocks out, built a 'rickity dock' to hide the now exposed liner, fence came down.
009.JPG
011.JPG

And what it looks like today..

Attachments

• 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    200.3 KB · Views: 169
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    202.7 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
ponders never stop changing things a fact I have come to expect and sometimes hate and sometimes love :);)

peter hillman

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
ponders never stop changing things a fact I have come to expect and sometimes hate and sometimes love :);)
I've gone to the max on my space here.... But I don't have a running stream yet:rolleyes:. I saw a 5'x125' liner on C/L for $100 that could be my stream. I went out and looked at the job and dismissed the thought.:LOL:

peter hillman

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
I took this shot up on the roof yesterday while enjoying the sun and clearing the needle, cones and branches out of the gutters. We're enjoying the nice weather before the rains arrive in late October. View attachment 86254
I can see that lunker trout hanging out there in the middle.

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Had a busy weekend. Had an electrician come out and put in an outdoor plug for the pond and I also had him install a floodlight. This was taken early this morning. I need to find a softer bulb but love the spotlight for the pond. It was nice sitting out there this morning with only the pond lit up.
night2.JPG

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I like the light and all I use in my house is LED bulbs a cheaper light .Plus now you can look down on your fish when you are standing out there .Better than having a bulb in the pond glaring up at you .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Yeh but the warm white makes everything look yellow like pee .I changed from warm white to cool white because of that Made things look sickly geeze my mind is every where .warm white makes things look yellow tinged

Ask a Question