What does your pond look like ... Today?

Troutredds

You can call me Red
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Cool looking creatures. Wonder what their larvae looks like. Maybe similar to dragon fly larvae.
Here's an aquatic nymph photo off the web. The lacy filaments along the abdomen are actually gills for breathing. The nymphal stage, like that of their dragon and damsel cousins, can last anywhere from months to years, depending on the species.
image.jpg

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
My pond lilies have been growing under the ice, some leaves are almost hitting the surface. The bog is going crazy with growth, every day another inch of growth on the plants.

I wish I was seeing that kind of growth! My lilies have not shown anything yet as far as I can tell. I could be wrong though, I still have some decaying stems from last season out there that I really should get out.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Since I got my new 55 inch curved Smart Sam Sung TV I love to read this thread on that really big really super HD TV, the ponds then look way better and more interesting than on my little old puter! You can see way more things you never saw before, like your there in person!! I just need to pick up a remote pad to type on and then by by computer!!

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Since I got my new 55 inch curved Smart Sam Sung TV I love to read this thread on that really big really super HD TV, the ponds then look way better and more interesting than on my little old puter! You can see way more things you never saw before, like your there in person!! I just need to pick up a remote pad to type on and then by by computer!!

I need a computer for everything I do and all the programs I have, but I often use my tv as the monitor. I have an old computer monitor so when I use the tv theres a huge difference!

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Damn... found the Leopard Frog dead today as I was scooping the bottom. :(Huge bummer. I have low hopes of the three missing Bullfrogs being alive now. Especially with temps being so warm again, I haven't seen anything (not even the live one). Now I just have to find them...(n)

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
The frogs seem to have gotten a bad deal this winter back where you guys all got frozen over. Sorry for the loss of so many :(

Ask a Question