What does your pond look like ... Today?

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
You never had a frog @callingcolleen1 ? Do you ever hear them at night around your area? They were really singing up a storm here last night w/it being so warm yesterday.
Frogs are all two blocks down at the creek. I tried bringing some to pond and they all hopped back to creek. Too many grass snakes in my area I think.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Frogs are all two blocks down at the creek. I tried bringing some to pond and they all hopped back to creek. Too many grass snakes in my area I think.
I had the opposite problem, I took one of my bull frogs to my local pond about 1/2 away that was catching and killing birds and it came back to my pond.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I only hear them when we go to the nearby lakes,never actually see them. None at my pond, only well behaved smaller frogs.

Troutredds

You can call me Red
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I spotted these three masked hooligans across the street this morning and captured this long range blurry shot with my phone, just before they scampered into the woods. :geek:
image.jpg

Troutredds

You can call me Red
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
We have a beautiful sunny day here in the low 60s. Many mayfly (Ephemeroptera) species, large and small, hatching today. These delicate relatives of dragon and damselflies, represented by over 2000 species, are among my favorite aquatic insects. The fragile grace of the adult stages lasts anywhere from a few minutes to a few days, dependent on species. Their beauty is truly fleeting... :geek:
image.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Cool looking creatures. Wonder what their larvae looks like. Maybe similar to dragon fly larvae.

Ask a Question