Thank you all for my first pond

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Forgot to mention the snails have been fun to watch. I did not think they would be so interesting. But it amazes me how much they move around, you see them in one spot and then ten minutes later completely different spot. Kind of like playing a Where's Waldo game.
Let me guess you enjoy a good game of golf too ? Snooze fest

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Lemons definitely come pretty darn close! This is a new stream I'm building out of the bog, which passes directly under the lemon tree. Looks cool at night!

View attachment 163487

But that wisteria is going to be stunning as a tree! A lot of work to keep it that way though.

There is actually a tree that's commonly called "tree wisteria", though it's not actually related to the vine. It's proper name is Bolosanthus speciosus, and I planted one in our garden just after finishing the pond. It hasn't flowered this year, but it did flower stunningly last year.
A your just borrowing the spirit of my side. But your supose to use alberta blue spruce with red and green balls. Some garland and some white lights.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Well as the years go on that too becomes more of a snooze fest lol

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Lemons definitely come pretty darn close! This is a new stream I'm building out of the bog, which passes directly under the lemon tree. Looks cool at night!

View attachment 163487

But that wisteria is going to be stunning as a tree! A lot of work to keep it that way though.

There is actually a tree that's commonly called "tree wisteria", though it's not actually related to the vine. It's proper name is Bolosanthus speciosus, and I planted one in our garden just after finishing the pond. It hasn't flowered this year, but it did flower stunningly last year.
Yup you have Been bit by the pod fees as much as Addy and I, are you working toward DIY 2024. ?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Um you have how many fish? I have 30 koi and most are 12 " or more and only feed half a Dixie cup
I am using the little bathroom dixie cup, the three oz size so probably only feeding .5 oz

YShahar

Enthusiastic duct-tape engineer
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Israel
Yup you have Been bit by the pod fees as much as Addy and I, are you working toward DIY 2024. ?
Tried to register for the DIY 2024 only to find no way to do so. Maybe they aren't holding it anymore?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Thought I would post a video to show the progress this Spring with the pond. A lot more fun planting and doing edge work. This shows the progress since the video I did when the pond was first filled last September.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thought I would post a video to show the progress this Spring with the pond. A lot more fun planting and doing edge work. This shows the progress since the video I did when the pond was first filled last September.

Looks great! I'm excited to see what it looks like when the plants are huge and established and I'm very jealous that you have that tractor to help. Must be nice to have all that lawyer money to buy the big toys. 🙂

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States

Very nice and such clear water! Plants will fill in nice after awhile. Wonder if you will end up w/a net eventually?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Looks great! I'm excited to see what it looks like when the plants are huge and established and I'm very jealous that you have that tractor to help. Must be nice to have all that lawyer money to buy the big toys. 🙂
Lol, yes I love the tractor. I have been able to do so many projects with it. One of those things that you think back, wow if I had this 15 years ago how much easier things would have been. Always hitting big rocks, boulders whenever I went to plant a tree or anything else. I definitely would have never attempted this pond without it. I have the utmost respect for those that hand dig, but there was no way I would have done that, not with the stones I encountered.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Very nice and such clear water! Plants will fill in nice after awhile. Wonder if you will end up w/a net eventually?
Thanks, yes very happy with the water. Combination of shade, large bog and light fish load. The string algae really was not that bad this Spring, mostly in the bog. Definitely want to avoid the net as long as possible, the spot would be hard to defend that way. I am depending on the barn swallows, lol, they are like little jet fighters protecting the yard. God help any hawk that comes near, they even dive bomb me sometimes when I am working in the yard.

Ask a Question