sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I don't know if they sell them there but here in VA we have a metal fabricator that does the steel bridge supports in arched or straight and the whole kit of metal comes with all the screws and ground supports and concrete pads that you put on the ends that you drive metal poles in at an angle to hold the concrete in place and all the bolts and screws come with the kit .All you add to the top is the boards and uprites for the railing .You can buy them from them also but cheaper to buy your own .They price the bridge supports according to length .I do know one that spans 20 ft was 399.00 .The supports can be painted with a metal paint .The supports look like I beams

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
The steel I saw there is a lightweight steel but strong and they bend it and curve it they make those curved and spiral staircases also .So maybe up there you can google that .They started with staircases and then they started to make bridges and gazebo's also .We have a lot of houses here that the only way to get to the build sight is to make a bridge first .I saw a large modular home taken over one of there bridges and even the crane to assemble the home .They usually stamp there bridges with there symbol and name (free advertising you pay for ) :cheerful: ;) They have a large yard in Danville but the fence hides everything because of city code it cannot be visible to the public .So you really can't see anything they have made unless you make an appointment with them .

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
It would be more expensive here in Canada, for that bridge, as everything seems more expensive here than the prices in the States.
Today is a beautiful morning, not to hot and the air feels fresh. I feel lucky to have such nice weather these days, more time to enjoy the lovely outdoors before fall makes a dramatic appearance. Mitch I see your nights are getting quite cold these days, compared to me, have the leaves up there started to turn orange yet? :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Hi Colleen,
No leaf color change here yet. Even the valley down below is still green.
That temperature sensor on my signature is from Sundre, about 50km north of us.
I see you do keep warmer than we do.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
yeh and everything here in VA is cheaper when we left for NC last week we filled the gas tank at 3.05 a gallon and in NC we paid 3.98 a gallon .What a difference plus tax to eat out down there was 7% and here it is 4 % and if you get take out it is 3 % .So much cheaper here .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Gas here when I left for MN on Fri was $3.55 a gallon (went up 10 cents last week, for the holiday weekend ... Grrrr ) and we paid only up to $3.79. I got 30 mpg on my Charger on all interstate, so was really happy about that! Tried testing out premium first tank and regular second tank, all interstate driving, and got exactly the same mpg, so premium doesn't help my car on gas mileage, I was really disappointed! When I saw the 29.97 for the first tank with premium, I was sure it was about 3-4 mph higher than regular, but the next tank was just as high. Maybe their mixtures up north helped mileage, too, not sure.
Beautiful day today, only about 84 and slight breeze! Beautiful. Spent the day with my cousins and aunt and uncle, most from out of town, some from out of state. Pool time, new baby snuggling time, ice cream for all ... priceless!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
The moose and her calf spent most of the day here today
Silly season starts soon - (hunting and mating), so we'll probably see more wildlife around.

IMG_4706-1.jpg

IMG_4699-1.jpg

IMG_4700-1.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
:)
It's incredible how unfazed they are. It's dark out here now and the dogs are stll barking.
Taking pictures of them and they hardly budge.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
MitchM said:
:)
It's incredible how unfazed they are. It's dark out here now and the dogs are stll barking.
Taking pictures of them and they hardly budge.
They know they are bigger than you!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
I think only bulls are allowed to be hunted.
Still, a bunch of hunters traipsing around tends to rearrange wildlife...
Bow hunting starts October 1 and gun hunting starts November 1 around here.

It looks like they slept in our front yard last night. The pair is here again this morning.
I wonder if maybe there is a pack of wolves nearby.
It's unusual for a cow and calf to hang around for so long. Usually they're here to get a drink and then gone again for a while.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Gosh almost could not believe my eyes gas here was 2.97 when I went to the post office and stopped for gas in the truck and for the lawnmower .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Very cool Mitch and they are magnificent creatures. They must feel safe at your place :cheerful:

Ask a Question