Nature & Wildlife Thread

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Busy morning for watching deer... and the hounds slept through all of it :)
P1230723.JPG
P1230586.jpg
P1230706.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I went to feed the fawns this morning and forgot to look up. Missy Owl was watching Goldfish TV and at first, wasn't worried that I was much closer than usual to her. I, however, will not need a third cup of coffee today. :oops:🦉 And the little fawns got their brekkie.
20240728_071929_exported_20663.jpg
20240728_071929_exported_78989.jpg

1722172946354.png

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We have twins that play in the yard at the end of our drive. When I walk Emma at 5:30 am they are over there running and playing. We watch until they decide we might be dangerous and take off for the woods.

So cute!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
We have twins that play in the yard at the end of our drive. When I walk Emma at 5:30 am they are over there running and playing. We watch until they decide we might be dangerous and take off for the woods.

So cute!
Kisses to Emma! I hope she's doing great :)

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
She is! We do 3 to 4 10 minute walks every day and 3 plus pee walks. Zero limping 10 days after surgery.

Now all she wants to do is walk. Would prefer to run and play with the others, but not released until October.

I am trying to build up her leg muscles, atrophy from being crated. They had her in a crate on a table. I don't see her legs shaking after walks now.

Increased her food from the less than a quarter cup a day to what the others get, 1/2 cup a day. 1/4 am 1/4 pm. No weight gain.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
She is! We do 3 to 4 10 minute walks every day and 3 plus pee walks. Zero limping 10 days after surgery.

Now all she wants to do is walk. Would prefer to run and play with the others, but not released until October.

I am trying to build up her leg muscles, atrophy from being crated. They had her in a crate on a table. I don't see her legs shaking after walks now.

Increased her food from the less than a quarter cup a day to what the others get, 1/2 cup a day. 1/4 am 1/4 pm. No weight gain.
That's awesome news. It's amazing how quickly they heal and how enthusiastic they are - it kinda rubs off on us :) Very happy to hear such a good update. October is right around the corner...

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States

So happy for little Emma! She's healing up fast so she can reach her goal of creating a lot more fun w/her fellow puppers!

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Are these white tail deer? Amazing to see so many bucks together.
Found 6 kittens by the mailbox. Monarch caterpillars! Have only seen 2 Monarch butterflies all year

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Are these white tail deer? Amazing to see so many bucks together.
Found 6 kittens by the mailbox. Monarch caterpillars! Have only seen 2 Monarch butterflies all year
Yes, they are. They hang out in bachelor groups till the rut and then all hell breaks loose as they go courting. They still have velvet on their antlers, you can see it in the video. They're in a protected area behind us but are generally elusive. This group must have not encountered many threats from the homes as I commonly see them passing through.
6 kittens! yikes,I hope you will be able to rehome them. I had one showing up on the bog camera for a couple of weeks but it seems to have relocated itself.
Not sure if I've seen any Monarchs this year.

Ask a Question