What does your Wordle score look like... today?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A and 7B
Country
United States
My Goldish Story of the Week:

So ... to broaden their palate ... I put some watermelon in the pond for my goldies and fannies.

I had read somewhere that they really love it.

I sliced a sliver about five inches long by one inch wide ... then suspended it vertically by twine up toward the surface of the water.

They took one look at it ... then frantically fled to the opposite realm of the pond .. distancing themselves as far as piscinely possible. They were traumatized.

The next day I sprinkled their usual store bought fare in the same spot as the watermelon nemesis -- thinking I could trick them. No dice.

But today, I note that most of the watermelon alpha is gone and they have reclaimed their territory.

Goldfish do like watermelon, I guess ...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
My Goldish Story of the Week:

So ... to broaden their palate ... I put some watermelon in the pond for my goldies and fannies.

I had read somewhere that they really love it.

I sliced a sliver about five inches long by one inch wide ... then suspended it vertically by twine up toward the surface of the water.

They took one look at it ... then frantically fled to the opposite realm of the pond .. distancing themselves as far as piscinely possible. They were traumatized.

The next day I sprinkled their usual store bought fare in the same spot as the watermelon nemesis -- thinking I could trick them. No dice.

But today, I note that most of the watermelon alpha is gone and they have reclaimed their territory.

Goldfish do like watermelon, I guess ...
Oh my! That is hilarious! I don't have any goldfish, but my koi would crawl out of the pond, flop up to the house, sneak inside & kill me in my bed for a sliver of watermelon. I exaggerate not... Well, maybe a tiny bit... But when we offer them a bite off the watermelon rind, they practically take us off at the wrists! :ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A and 7B
Country
United States
Oh my! That is hilarious! I don't have any goldfish, but my koi would crawl out of the pond, flop up to the house, sneak inside & kill me in my bed for a sliver of watermelon. I exaggerate not... Well, maybe a tiny bit... But when we offer them a bite off the watermelon rind, they practically take us off at the wrists! :ROFLMAO:

My pond is only 100 gallons ... not spacious enough for koi. In their stead I mix a few comets in with fantails. The comets give the effect of koi in how they move. I would have loved some butterfly koi.

Hmmm ... I was not sure if the g.oldies wanted the rind or actual fruit. Next time, I'll try some rind.

I think in their minds' eyes the slab of watermelon was some kind of fierce alpha fish that had gone rogue.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
My pond is only 100 gallons ... not spacious enough for koi. In their stead I mix a few comets in with fantails. The comets give the effect of koi in how they move. I would have loved some butterfly koi.

Hmmm ... I was not sure if the g.oldies wanted the rind or actual fruit. Next time, I'll try some rind.

I think in their minds' eyes the slab of watermelon was some kind of fierce alpha fish that had gone rogue.
Oh, they don't eat the actual rind, we just take a slice & hold it by the rind down in the water for them to munch on. If we toss the whole slice in (or they rip it out of our hands & run, err... swim off with it) they eat it right down to the green, but leave that part. I'll have to get a video & post it.

Ask a Question