What does your pond look like ... Today?

Reaction score
Desoto, Texas (Dallas County) North Texas, Zone 8a
Showcase(s):
You got that right addy...........he tries to make everything he can. Right now he's making me a galvanized steel container to hold cat food bags so meeces can't get it. He was making me a windmill but it's on hold cuz he says he has more pressing things on his plate right now.

Hope you get your windmill soon.

Reaction score
It is dark and cold but the fish are still on the move! My very own Glo fish in pic 2. And the 3 Amigos in pic 3. I'm gonna miss them this winter!
IMG_1814.JPG
IMG_1840.JPG
IMG_1841.JPG

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I see one by that right hand green blade plant and one next to the rock by the little oj fish. Does the heron visit your pond? Pretty blooming WH!

Troutredds

You can call me Red
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I see one by that right hand green blade plant and one next to the rock by the little oj fish. Does the heron visit your pond? Pretty blooming WH!
They can't hide from your trained ponder's eye, j.w, no matter how well camouflaged. A blue heron swiped two small koi last December, but as long as I have our two "Scarecrow" motion detecting sprinklers operating, they stay away. I even saw one swoop in this spring, get sprayed and immediately fly away. The sprinklers actually scared the poop out of the would-be thief - if you think seagulls poop a lot, you've never seen the mess a startled blue heron can leave behind!
Now if I can just remember to turn off those sprinklers before walking in front of them and soaking myself... :eek:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
What do you do when the weather starts to freeze Red? I know we don't get much freezing weather but it can happen. Those crows will freeze up solid. My friend up the road uses them too and has gotten sprayed a few times also :)

Ask a Question