What does your pond look like ... Today?

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
looking good!

Yes its definitely looking good! My bog plants haven't done much growing yet, so I hope that changes soon. My lily pads are finally starting to reach the surface...and I might be able to get the rock for my waterfall in a couple weeks! yay :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Anthony I love your bench made with tree stumps. Southern Cross, my lilies just bloomed for the first time this year also. Everything is late this year. My Iris's just bloomed too.

My bog today. Addy, what are these plants? They were the only ones to survive. I bought some plants, they didn't make it. Addy sent me these.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
These 70 and 80 degree days must've told my water lilies to start growing because all of the sudden they're beginning to shoot up!
DSCN5315.jpg

and I still can't get over the clarity of my pond right now. My 400g pond was never this clear.
DSCN5312.jpg

Troutredds

You can call me Red
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I took a little video of my fish and in-progress pond today (with a cameo from my bulldog. Lol). I'm going to get my pump, filter, and skimmer covered, some pond plants put in, and the landscaping done this weekend.

Really nice setup max. In that clear water those bright fish look almost neon against the dark rocks.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Red your pond looks like a beautiful pond one would happen upon while out hiking in the woods...........it just looks so amazingly natural :)

Troutredds

You can call me Red
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Thanks j.w! Here's a picture I caught this morning. This dragonfly was hovering just in front of me, over the pond. You can see her shadow reflected on the surface, along with the blue of the sky and the green of the trees overhead. I wish it was more in focus - I only take and post pictures with my phone. I wish I had the photographic expertise of RobAmy - that guy's stuff could be published in National Geographic (y)

image.jpg

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Thanks j.w! Here's a picture I caught this morning. This dragonfly was hovering just in front of me, over the pond. You can see her shadow reflected on the surface, along with the blue of the sky and the green of the trees overhead. I wish it was more in focus - I only take and post pictures with my phone. I wish I had the photographic expertise of RobAmy - that guy's stuff could be published in National Geographic (y)

View attachment 70850
Great shot!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States

View attachment 70850
Do not sell yourself short. That is a great shot :) they are fast movers

Ask a Question