What does your pond look like ... Today?

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Went out and got some new plants today. Three of them for the bog, one for the outer edge of the pond.

Corkscrew Rush. I've wanted this one for awhile. I see it at all pond plant suppliers, so I finally decided to get it.
DSCN5037.jpg

Dwarf Horsetail. Looked cool in theory. Now that its in, it just looks like grass. :ROFLMAO:
DSCN5042.jpg

Arrow Arum. I don't know much about this plant but it looked cool.
DSCN5039.jpg

and for the edge of my pond I got Variegated Japanese Sedge.
DSCN5040.jpg

I also saw a really cool Shubunkin with a really nice Yellow head but alas, today wasn't the day. :D.

Should've gotten a full shot of the bog. I might get one more plant for it but its pretty much set!

Reaction score
image.jpg
I thought I would branch out from @CountryEscape 's "What is your weather like ... today" topic and ask you: What does your pond look like ... Today?

As we all know, ponds go through many changes throughout the year, some large, some small; some good, some bad. From snow melting, to plants growing; From leaves falling, to the first snowfall. I thought this would be a great way to share how your pond looks on any given day in comparison to the last time you shared, which could be be as recent as yesterday, last week, or last month, depending on how frequently you'd like to share. It would be an nice way to see how all of our ponds change throughout the year, and what they look like on any given day.

Here's how my pond looks today:

Snow is slowly melting, but the pond is still frozen solid.
View attachment 67272

Troutredds

You can call me Red
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Awesome pics, RobAmy. I'm curious about those wonderful rounded boulders in your stream. What type of stone are they? :geek:

Reaction score
Just a few pics of how pretty everything is getting.....

Bog is already almost full!! :) awesome...
image.jpg

Marginals are filling in....
image.jpg

Corkscrew rush.....

image.jpg

Purple sage, the bees and butterflies are loving these.....
image.jpg
These are the Lillies addy sent me and already have tons of leaves!....
Water celery and a small verigated sedge too...
image.jpg

Spiderwort will bloom soon....
image.jpg

Tinkerted HAD to get his picture lol...
image.jpg

Lambs ear is going Crazy!
image.jpg

Hostas! :)
image.jpg

image.jpg

I rescued these violas off the death row cart at Lowes for 1$. Added some compost and bonemeal and look at em go!!!!
image.jpg

I still don't know why these pictures come up sideways :s Sorry lol ....

Lastly, it's been storming here off and on, look what we saw through the clouds :)

It's a double! :D
image.jpg

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
OMG all the pictures are so beautiful!! I am so excited to see how everybody's stuff is growing! I see you have Lilly pads on the water already and love all your rushes in the pond fishy love! Nice everybody!!

RobAmy your stream is so beautiful and large! You must have a really big pump for that!

Going to see if there is a pot of gold at the end of that rainbow!! :)

Ask a Question