Pond in the foothills

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
I don't know, CE. We don't live in an area that has any kind of delivery service available.
I have seen the delivery issues on the news though. - and I'm sure that any hobby train delivery will have to be up to me personally, lol.

Colleen, I did see that train video. Hilarious. You've got to love dogs!
My Christmas was fine thanks. My brother in Calgary had everyone over. Roads were bad though. Lots of high winds and drifting snow.
I spent 4 hours on the tractor clearing our driveway today. Anyone would have to have a 4 wd to get here.
We haven't had visitors here for years.
What did your sister have to drink.....on second thought I don't want to know!

Congratulations, mtpond!

Thanks for the trains, jw and addy. It looks like addy has found jw's stash of animations!

I don't really mind about all the extra stuff on my thread. My pond is frozen for 6 months of the year anyways.
I can only post so much stuff about a frozen pond.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Cartoon_snowstorm.gif
Cartoon_snowstorm.gif
Cartoon_snowstorm.gif
Cartoon_snowstorm.gif
Cartoon_snowstorm.gif

You could post it is snowing it is snowing it is snowing........................lol

I used to use a lot of the animations then photobucket got pissy about the number of views and said pay for it or all your post will be gray squares to be reset every month and they went gray had to wait for the start of a month for them to be not gray. So quit using photobucket. Now using a different method.

You live in isolation, in some ways that is so neat, as long as you like your isolation mate.

If it was feasible I could send you a ton of train stuff. My late hubby decided he wanted to do trains bought a ton of stuff, never got them set up. I need to dig all the stuff out of my moving boxes and get it gone one of these days. Three big boxes of train stuff.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Neither isolationists nor social butterflies here, addy. One day we hope to maybe get an apartment or small house in the city though.
We miss cultural events we used to go to when we lived in the city.
Taxes in the city were getting ridiculous and I wanted my wife to have a rest from her stressful work life once she retired.
I work from my computer all day, so it doesn't really matter where I work from.
If you ever decide to put a price on that train stuff, let me know.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I know he paid around 400 for a complete set up then bought a bunch of 100 buck trains, buildings trees tracks etc. The problem I see is shipping the stuff to you. If you are interested I will take photos of the stuff. The train engines are still in their boxes. I am not looking to "recover" what he spent, more just move it on and out of the house.

Kept thinking of ebay, but I am a ebay lazy. I tried to sell his machinist tools on ebay, spent hours figuring out what the stuff was called, then pictures then posting then shipping, sort of a pita. It would have taken me years to get it all gone, finally had an auction.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
I hear you about shipping, please don't bother with pictures. I have nothing to compare it to.
I'm just looking at somewhere to get started.
I've never used Ebay, I don't trust that place.
I would think that there should be some hobby shows around your area that have some interested people.
You could try that.
:)

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
lol this would give you everything you need or want for trains. My late hubby would get interested in something spend a ton of money, then never finish it.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Mitch you have relaxing beautiful land, but is can be lonely living so far out. Nothing is ever perfect, the city has lots of noise, garbage, stinkin air, and sometimes very strange people, even stranger than me!!

Having an apartment in the city would be nice to, that way you don't have to travel on snowy roads during dark stormy nights, although keeping two places can be a hassle too, and make the country living even lonelier cause one mate might be stuck in town and the other all by themselves in the woods. I would have to have many big dogs if I lived out where you live, that way I would not be so alone. Even in the city, I can feel very alone when hubby away working days on end. Nothing perfect, but I love to see the beautiful land and trees every where that surround your home.

How far is the drive to the city from your home Mitch?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
About 1 1/2 hours on good roads, Colleen.
My wife and/or myself used to commute daily into town.
We're glad that's done with.
If we were living in Toronto, it wouldn't be that bad or uncommon, but with the wildlife and rural roads, it got interesting sometimes. :)
Electric hybrids, vehicles like Toyota Camrys or minivans would not have lasted very long.
I sure miss my motorbike! Used to ride year round when I lived on the west coast.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Now you are going to have to get a dirt bike that way you can still enjoy riding! I used to ride my motor bike with the hubby on his own bike. I never got around to getting my own licence for the bike, but when we drove around together it was ok cause I had a learner bike licence, but then hubby quit riding his bike cause after his ear operation, he was dizzy lots. We never did ride our bikes again, but they are still in the garage, mine is the 440 Kawasaki and hubby had the 1100 Kawasaki. I wanted to give mine away to nefew but he does not want it.

Have not rode my bike in 18 years, now I am busy with garden and other stuff and gave up getting a actual licence...

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
I rode my Honda 750 everywhere, even took a trip to Newfoundland and back by myself.
I think my wife would worry too much if I got another one.
Highway riding is what I like best and I'm sure she would love it too.
We're still young though, so who knows!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Well guess we are never going to see the tutu main event :cheerful: DARN Not easy to ship stuff to Canada ,customs is a pain .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Here is the pond today, the middle of January. There is about 2 feet of snow on top of maybe 10" of ice.
The snow pile on the right is about 5 feet high for reference.
We've received a LOT of snow this year.

IMG_5217.JPG

This is a shot of the 2 pond breathers.
When we had less snow, I used some large plastic planters to shelter them, but they have their own shelter from the wind now.
The warmer water that they are circulating keeps enough space open for them to receive a constant supply of fresh air.

IMG_5215.JPG

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
You have a winter wonderland of snow there Mitch..................I am jealous.
Those breather holes are staying open,that's good :cheerful:

Ask a Question