Pond in the foothills

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Let me clean that tanks glass first after work or better tomorrow (got to carve pumpkins right after work) , algae always growning on the sides, and that Tin Foil Barb would have a hard time fitting in a frying pan cause he is so darn big! I just cleaned that tank too not too long ago but it sure grows green algae good!! Tin Foil barbs do get very big, and I did have him out in the pond the year before, but not this past summer cause it is risky putting them out too early or if the temperture suddenly drops! They are tropical. :)

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
OK, I have to clean the tank out good again, he is so big he throws water over the edge and makes a mess!! Here is the big tin Foil Barb and his pal the Silver Dollar....

Attachments

• IMAG5976.jpg
    IMAG5976.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 217
  • IMAG5977.jpg
    IMAG5977.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 211
  • IMAG5978.jpg
    IMAG5978.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 218
  • IMAG5979.jpg
    IMAG5979.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 220
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Good grief, I see why you say he has outgrown that aquarium! How big is the silver dollar? He looks tiny compared to the barb. I never would have believed it had I not seen it. I bet he grew a bunch while he was out in your pond that one year. I had a pleco that was maybe 5" when I put him in the pond 2 years ago, then in less than 3 months, he was over 13" long. The people that bought him from me called him a "shark". I had to laugh, cause they are nothing like a shark, but I thought if that's what their little boy wanted to call it, so be it!
Sorry for temporarily hijacking your thread, Mitch!
Back to the foothills .... :blueflower:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
One of our dogs was acting strange this morning, whining and all anxious so my wife took him out for a walk down our driveway (on a leash). Usually he just wants to drink from the pond or go to the bathroom.
A big cougar poked it's head out of the forest about 40 yards ahead and looked at them. It was a lot bigger than our 120 lb dog and very well fed she said..... :eek:
They turned around and came back home and the cougar went back into the forest. Our dog, Mykka, pressed close to her and didn't want to chase the cougar or leave her.
I guess the smell of blood from recent hunting must have brought the cougar so close to our place.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
A .357 is a restricted firearm and can only be fired on an approved shooting range, which I don't have, so even though we are out in the wilderness, it's an offense punishable by some jailtime.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
geeze and here in VA you can buy just about any type gun .Mix that with a home made still and you got the makings of a real bad event .

Ask a Question