What does your pond look like ... Today?

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Snails

IMG_3771 copy.jpg

IMG_3772 copy.jpg

Troutredds

You can call me Red
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Happy Spring!
I finally got around to my annual Japanese maple pruning, rainy morning here though so a soggy day for it. It’s nice to see the tree’s old legs again, though. She’s worth the trouble and anchors our pond area.
IMG_1617.jpeg
IMG_1616.jpeg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
IMG_8892.jpg

IMG_8891.jpg

Still working on landscaping and edging, so not really finished version especially this side could use some nice rocks. This Tulip's been in bloom for a week now, added a hydrangea and the green shrub is mahonia which should bloom nicely in the summer. Also spider wort but barely can be seen as its small at the moment and bamboo in the 2nd image (Fargesia rufa) that i badly imaged .

The fish kept toying with the fern so I had to move it a bit, I think I even have a Geranium that's growing on this one small fern in between rocks, it seems to be in bloom, very odd but nature.

Thinking of adding a rope fence, was in a public garden the other day and it looks nice especially as it ages and be better since visiting kids will at least understand that you're not meant to go there, a bit less extreme than thorns.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Might be hard to tell but the pond's murky today. Not nearly as much as it was an hour ago. I was scooping muck off the bottom this morning.

IMG_4992 copy.jpg

Ask a Question