What does your pond look like ... Today?

M

MariaTeresa

I love these! Hard to get a good photo, though.
DSC_9779.JPG

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
@JBtheExplorer What kind of water lily is your yellowish/pinkish one? (In the picture it looks like it is raised out of the water a good 4-5"!)

That's Georgia Peach. I've noticed they tend to grow above the water fairly often compared to the other types I have. Makes the pond feel a little wilder!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Georgia peach likes to stand above water, so does colorado. I have noticed my wanvisa, and the new purple are standing above, not quite as tall. The mayla, charlene stern pale yellow, alba white tend to stay on the surface.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
That looks like georgia peach. or it could be perry's orange sunset, I think I sent you both last year. See the mottled leaves? colorado has solid green

This is Colorado
dsc03787-jpg.68456

Hmm... I'm confused, and it'll bug me until I figure it out.:D
They look different from Orange Sunset, to me. My Orange Sunset pot is to the left (no blooms in the first shot), what I thought was Colorado is to the right (two blooms), Georgia Peach is in the middle, and Mayla is the closest to the camera.
IMG_7413 copu.jpg

In this shot you can see Orange sunset is all the way on the left. I put that pot right next to the patio, and Colorado(?) was put across it near the cattails, on the fence/walkway side.
IMG_7390 af.jpg

Here's a photo I put together last year of all of them. I got them all from you except the small yellow one on the bottom right. I believe the bottom middle is Colorado, it came from the same pot as the two in question.
allWL.png

M

MariaTeresa

My Colorado has solid green leaves now, but earlier in the season it began with mottled leaves and had them for quite awhile before turning green.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I think the ph of water, hardness etc can change the colors of the lilies to some extent. And the settings on the camera, angle of the sun etc etc...............lol

A group of flowers on one plant can have a difference in color. Your distance shot does make them look like Colorado.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My Colorado was late starting to bloom this year, actually thought I had mistakenly given it all away.

Look at what the wanvisa did with its bloom today, so much fun waiting to see what it will present

IMG_2084.JPG
IMG_2088.JPG

First bloom

IMG_1181.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Such pretty lily blooms everyone. Addy I love that Wanvisa, very pretty.

Ask a Question