What does your pond look like ... Today?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Then the fun begins and when it comes time to add the fish they are going to be happy fish

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
It got too dark to take a photo of it filled up, but its full! If we get some dry weather tomorrow I'll start placing flagstone around the edges, and also begin digging my bog. Its probably going to be awhile before I can get enough flagstone but I'm just glad the water is in! I'll probably put some plants in soon and eventually fish.
DSCN4643.jpg

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I am glad I am past that point .It is fun to build bigger but the work is hard

Reaction score
It got too dark to take a photo of it filled up, but its full! If we get some dry weather tomorrow I'll start placing flagstone around the edges, and also begin digging my bog. Its probably going to be awhile before I can get enough flagstone but I'm just glad the water is in! I'll probably put some plants in soon and eventually fish. View attachment 69009

Im an extreme perfectionist....making the liner straight is really worrying me. I would freak out if it had too much creasing.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Im an extreme perfectionist....making the liner straight is really worrying me. I would freak out if it had too much creasing.

I worked on it as it was filling, but there is only so much that can be done with a flat square object trying to fit into a 3D round hole. Strategically placed planters help, and creases never seem to look as bad when they're underwater and after some growth on the walls. Hopefully someday they make something that takes shape of the hole better.

Reaction score
Desoto, Texas (Dallas County) North Texas, Zone 8a
Showcase(s):
How our pond looks after adding two new shore plants. A regal Victoria Fern and Mother-in-law's Tongue (Sansevieria trifasciata), also called snake plant, or Saint George's sword. Both were repotted to give them room to grow. The lovely broadleaf plant in the green pot was cut back after the severe cold. Look how well it is now growing. More pond plants coming within the next few weeks. :)

Pond April 2014.jpg

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
That's why i went with rectangular to start with .Only folds you end up with are in all 4 corners .Much easier .The folds do flatten out after awhile with the weight of the water against them

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I guess I will worry as I start coming along with it and go from there.

It will be just fine. One thing I like to do is make another little short shelf around the top edge to put rocks down in the water so you can hide the liner but that's just me. If you don't mind some liner showing than don't bother :)

View attachment 69050

My pond is going to be built about 8-10 inches higher than the ground (partially raised pond) so I won't be able to use this method and come on J.W! I said I was a perfectionist.....even the slightest piece of liner showing would probably drive me insane. I have to say though, brilliant idea J.W, no where on the web have I read or seen someone using this method, very smart indeed.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
It wasn't my idea talal but I was so grateful to find this info when I built my 1st little pond that I now pass on the info to anyone who is building one:)

Reaction score
It wasn't my idea talal but I was so grateful to find this info when I built my 1st little pond that I now pass on the info to anyone who is building one:)

Thank you J.W, it is really appreciated and if my pond was in ground, I would have used this method for sure.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
My pond is looking a lot more like a pond today! Ran out of flagstone so it'll be awhile before I can finish that. I'll probably start on the bog tomorrow. I put some plants in it today, 7 total. Can't wait to get the fish in, cant wait to finish the flagstone and waterfall. I also can wait for plants to grow, in and around pond!
DSCN4649t.jpg

I CANT WAIT! :D

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
My pond is looking a lot more like a pond today! Ran out of flagstone so it'll be awhile before I can finish that. I'll probably start on the bog tomorrow. I put some plants in it today, 7 total. Can't wait to get the fish in, cant wait to finish the flagstone and waterfall. I also can wait for plants to grow, in and around pond!
View attachment 69053

I CANT WAIT! :D
Wow a bit difference then the last, your fish will love it.

Ask a Question