Water Fall Foam?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Excuse my ignorance, but I saw where someone mentioned "waterfall foam". Is this an available product that one can use to help direct direction of water on a waterfall?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yes. It's very similar to "Great Stuff" like you'd use around doors and windows, or in your attic, or wherever. the pond stuff is black colored and is meant to use between rocks and filling in small areas. You can find it on amazon, aquascapeinc.com, etc.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
If you're going to be using more than a can or two, I would recommend getting a package that includes the "pro" gun and cleaner.
I agree completely! The pro gun applicator allows you to adjust how much comes out - it is much easier to control!! The cans with the little straw applicators are less user friendly. If you only need a little bit, though, it's fine. You can trim off any mistaken areas of over-application after the foam has cured.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
If you're going to be using more than a can or two, I would recommend getting a package that includes the "pro" gun and cleaner.

Cleaner IS A TERRIBLE WASTE OF MONEY AND EFFORT .

When you buy a foam gun and open the box that is the LAST time you will ever see that gun without a can of foam on it EMPTY OR NOT. That's all it takes to keep the gun viable . Always leave a can on the gun. Yes the tip can get foam on the outside but all you have to do is scrape that off.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Be sure and wear some type of rubber or nitrile gloves! It will stick to your hands and be basically impossible to get off, although I’ve found acetone gets it off better than anything else I’ve tried!
I don’t know where you are located but I’m pretty sure Lowes has it.
Also, from what I understand it’s a little different from Great Stuff, which is opened celled. Waterfall foam is closed cell which makes it more waterproof from my understanding!

Ask a Question