Replacing power cord for external pond pump (Sequence 4900prm)

Reaction score
I found a couple threads for issues with cords for submersible pumps, but nothing for external pumps.

Something chewed through the 8ft power cord so I just want to replace the entire cord. This should be a relatively simple repair. Weirdly, i can't find any sort of OEM replacement cord online, even at sites that sell every other part of the pump.

Anyone ever attempt this for any external pump? I would imagine this is a relatively common issue.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
You can order from. Any electrical supply house. And as far as I am aware 90% of all externals it is very easy to replace the cord . Just make sure you use the right Guage wire and indoor or out.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
This should be super easy. Just get a 16/3 (if worried get a 14/3 but 16 ga can handle 12 amps, @120v that's 1400 watts) electrical pigtail, they usually come in 3-Ft 6 ft or 9ft lengths. Open the little box on the side of the pump and connect like for like.

Ask a Question