New pond build and landscaping started

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Cheers, we have lived here for 23 years and have sat outside more this year than any other time.
we are exactly the same, i spent more time hopping on the harley and go to someone else's back yard before the pond these days i am barely even on it. you'll find me sitting pond side like today having a tag sale and spending 3/4 of the day telling people how the pond works and answering questions.

drape fabric/ underlayment over it but make sure you get it into the water let the wicking work to your advantage with moss and i'd recomend yellow / golden creeping jenny it will drape down that and even into the water softening the sharp edge a little

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
i have to be a little critical however i just noticed your water level in the bog leaves very little height difference to the edge of the bog and containment . take my word for it the water is going to rise when the plants get going. potentially creating a overflow a loosing water. or is there i looked again in another picture you have 6" differance hard to tell from photos?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
drape fabric/ underlayment over it but make sure you get it into the water let the wicking work to your advantage with moss and i'd recomend yellow / golden creeping jenny it will drape down that and even into the water softening the sharp edge a little
Thanks for the suggestion, I can't use my current underlay as it is white, but I should be able find an alternative.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have to be a little critical however i just noticed your water level in the bog leaves very little height difference to the edge of the bog and containment . take my word for it the water is going to rise when the plants get going. potentially creating a overflow a loosing water. or is there i looked again in another picture you have 6" differance hard to tell from photos?
In reality there is about 2" extra before it overflows the bog, the cladding timber is higher, but that will not make a seal. I'll keep an eye on it, and if I have just clear it out a bit i will. If it does overflow it's not a problem, the water just goes on the surrounding slabs.

But as I say, if I see a problem building I can do something to stop it.

I do need to lower my pond overflow, it's too high, so the current overflow is the RDF and it soaks the pump room

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I forget did you put a sump pump pit in the mechanical area

Ask a Question