Koi addiction? Nope Yorkie addiction.........

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
i want a x mass card moma and 10 wookies

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Thanks @GBBUDD. I have that, it is a battle not worth fighting.

They are tough but fragile

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Baby attack, Chip in the center. Oscar left, coco right
Screenshot_20231130_071340_Gallery.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
I feel so sorry for my old girl, Ruby...She used to spend her day watching EVERYTHING Amos did and it kept her so busy keeping him in line...Since he crossed the bridge last year she is so lost...so bored...as you know they are pack animals and do best when they have others....problem is that Ruby has always been tough and needs to assert her dominance immediately upon meeting another dog which has kept me from acquiring a pal for her....I always had four dogs until my Husband passed and now Ruby is all that is left. I do miss watching pack behavior ... so interesting and entertaining...I was on the Montgomery Maryland FEMA task force with my Beauceron (collapsed structure) and whenever we trained there were many female shepherds. There was never any problem...all got along...my Beauceron was alpha so she did not have to assert her dominance...they all just knew it...so cool...then when I retired I just wanted to have fun without any training involved so I acquired Frenchies...Let me tell you, the terrier in them makes them VERY tough. Some tougher than others and my Ruby is one tough customer!!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I think yorkie terriers should be called yorkie terrors!

I have three of the five girls. Including the new 12 week old being total alpha. Battles occurr. One is our 11 year old we call her growl butt! She likes neither boys or girls.

The other girls battle then sleep snuggled together. One is 6.6 lbs, one is 3.4 lbs. Most the time best friends.

The boys, two of the five being alpha. Mini battles. the two, dad and son.

But the gals more alpha than the boys.

I keep spray bottles of water handy. A good squirt breaks them up.

It will calm as the pack readjusts to the new ones.

They all have such distinct personalities.

Lil bear., joined us in 2020, he talks by dancing, shuffling his feet, talking, pats my arm , leg, to let me know what wants. And his eyes! The looks melt you, very expressive.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Sounds like life to me.

iA father and son butting heads as the son is coming up in the world fighting for respect and the old man expecting respect.

And while they battle it out, the ladies take on there own squables/ cat fights.

At least there's no cross dressers

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Sounds like life to me.

iA father and son butting heads as the son is coming up in the world fighting for respect and the old man expecting respect.

And while they battle it out, the ladies take on there own squables/ cat fights.

At least there's no cross dressers

We have to give in until we don't. to much of an issue trying to get the girls to get along. And to get in the middle way too much to deal with until you have no choice.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Lol my 7 month 3.4 lb yorkie, does the male thing to the 4 month 2.7 lb . Both girls
She is saying I am alpha over you!

As long as no blood, you try to let them set the dominance rankings.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
I think yorkie terriers should be called yorkie terrors!

I have three of the five girls. Including the new 12 week old being total alpha. Battles occurr. One is our 11 year old we call her growl butt! She likes neither boys or girls.

The other girls battle then sleep snuggled together. One is 6.6 lbs, one is 3.4 lbs. Most the time best friends.

The boys, two of the five being alpha. Mini battles. the two, dad and son.

But the gals more alpha than the boys.

I keep spray bottles of water handy. A good squirt breaks them up.

It will calm as the pack readjusts to the new ones.

They all have such distinct personalities.

Lil bear., joined us in 2020, he talks by dancing, shuffling his feet, talking, pats my arm , leg, to let me know what wants. And his eyes! The looks melt you, very expressive.
Yes, no matter the size, terriers are a tough breed for sure...

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
WELL. I really did say enough at 10!

BUT

Meet Emma, one of my breeders pups she sold to an older lady. The niece said she would take care of her no matter what of the aunt could not take care of her. Lady got dementia and agitation, knocked the pup off a chair, and damaged her left leg. The knee, tore a ligament, neice said pup going to the pound can't afford the vet bill.

Birgit, my puppy breeder, called me asking for suggestions on how to save her. WELL, I now have 11 yorkies. She goes in next week for surgery, 3 months of therapy, and recovery. Not cheap, but I could not let her go to the pound.

She has a patellar luxation, and cranial cruciate ligament tear. She will end up with screws and plates.
Cost to fix like a used car. But if sent to the pound, probably put down, due to the cost.
20240704_081344.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
WELL. I really did say enough at 10!

BUT

Meet Emma, one of my breeders pups she sold to an older lady. The niece said she would take care of her no matter what of the aunt could not take care of her. Lady got dementia and agitation, knocked the pup off a chair, and damaged her left leg. The knee, tore a ligament, neice said pup going to the pound can't afford the vet bill.

Birgit, my puppy breeder, called me asking for suggestions on how to save her. WELL, I now have 11 yorkies. She goes in next week for surgery, 3 months of therapy, and recovery. Not cheap, but I could not let her go to the pound.

She has a patellar luxation, and cranial cruciate ligament tear. She will end up with screws and plates.
Cost to fix like a used car. But if sent to the pound, probably put down, due to the cost. View attachment 164285
Love how you are such a good and loving sucker for saving this sweet little Emma 🥰

Ask a Question