Had a light bulb moment, might be dim later....but

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
You are still young, @GBBUDD - but another 20 some years down the road, I bet you will be like my Dad! He LOVES his outdoor projects and his living things -- fish, bonsai trees, and assorted other plants! He is smart and has a lot of practical know-how. He can do almost anything but at 84, the body isn't cooperating with his ambitions. He keeps on keepin' on, though!
I get it after literally 47 years of construction there are MANY memories that pop on me a simple twist and the multiple car accidents and moto cross ,snowmobile, skiing or sports come back to say hello and remember me wayyyy to often.
I am not a limber or thin as I once was I'd climb a 8 or 10 pitch if conditions were right. Well haven't found those conditions in a good 15 years now. I go in search of the roof brackets now. Damn pain hurts when you hit the ground from a single story up now. I have taken four drops at or over 2 stories in the past. I'm not as willing to risk that pain any more. Sally Lightfoot here.
This grass is for up along the stream can't get the zero turn up there and look at it from 35 feet away and where it's elevated you look across it not down onto it.
The wife actuly reached up to check for a latex mask when I told her I was thinking about artificial she knows that's just not me.
So while it may go against my norm I am however for don't fight it when it works. I'll take a picture of it
20241011_170602.jpg
20241011_170602.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
I get it after literally 47 years of construction there are MANY memories that pop on me a simple twist and the multiple car accidents and moto cross ,snowmobile, skiing or sports come back to say hello and remember me wayyyy to often.
I am not a limber or thin as I once was I'd climb a 8 or 10 pitch if conditions were right. Well haven't found those conditions in a good 15 years now. I go in search of the roof brackets now. Damn pain hurts when you hit the ground from a single story up now. I have taken four drops at or over 2 stories in the past. I'm not as willing to risk that pain any more. Sally Lightfoot here.
This grass is for up along the stream can't get the zero turn up there and look at it from 35 feet away and where it's elevated you look across it not down onto it.
The wife actuly reached up to check for a latex mask when I told her I was thinking about artificial she knows that's just not me.
So while it may go against my norm I am however for don't fight it when it works. I'll take a picture of it View attachment 166110View attachment 166110
Two of my friends have the artificial turf and they LOVE it! Once it is installed, you can't tell it's fake. Just blow the leaves off and you are DONE!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I don’t think that’s what most mean by “evict” @GBBUDD 🤣

The last few years the husband and I have taken a hard look at the yard and how we can modify to reduce the repetitive chores - for example, we removed two hedges and a big magnolia that all needed trimming three or four times a year to look good. Didn’t love them enough to keep up with the work. Also working to reduce the amount of grass to mow which means more garden spaces, but I find gardens really are less work than the weekly mowing. Down to about 30 minutes if lawn mower a week and will reduce that a bit more next year with another garden planned.

It’s a fine line between the work I enjoy doing and the stuff that’s just work. Learning to know the difference and either eliminate or hire it out makes things manageable.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Ii takes about 2 hours to mow, more and less , if I do the front and the back field. Back field is ignored quite often, only seen by us. I mow enough to keep it from being over a foot tall lol.

That is with replacing A LOT of grass with gardens etc.

But I enjoy mowing. It has never been a job. Hate weed wacking, so all fence lines planted.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Ii takes about 2 hours to mow, more and less , if I do the front and the back field. Back field is ignored quite often, only seen by us. I mow enough to keep it from being over a foot tall lol.

That is with replacing A LOT of grass with gardens etc.

But I enjoy mowing. It has never been a job. Hate weed wacking, so all fence lines planted.
I kinda like mowing also and have never ever used a weed whacker and never will! No fences, just grass up to garden boarders w/those black plastic edge deals that my mower sometimes chews, oh well! Always tossing wood chips my hubby makes into my garden beds to stop the weeds somewhat.
All works out for me, less work is my goal! Just mow and go, getter done!
mowing44.gif

Ask a Question