Good afternoon

JRS

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Welcome to the forum. Lots of good info here.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
doggiewelcome8.GIF
@bjorn_toulouse

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The bigger the pond gets the easier it is to take care of

bjorn_toulouse

more of a puddle than a pond
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
@ JRS, I hope so.

So far when it was empty it was pretty clear as soon as I added plants, an oase underwater uv filter and pump in addition an air pump (the type in a bio orb) that's when the problems have started!

String algae all over the plants and other gloop floating on top. I haven't been able to identify the gloop yet. Strangely the water is pretty clear. Thankfully I haven't added fish.

I'm sure with some help on the forum over the next year I will no longer need to do the daily gloop scoop.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@ JRS, I hope so.

So far when it was empty it was pretty clear as soon as I added plants, an oase underwater uv filter and pump in addition an air pump (the type in a bio orb) that's when the problems have started!

String algae all over the plants and other gloop floating on top. I haven't been able to identify the gloop yet. Strangely the water is pretty clear. Thankfully I haven't added fish.

I'm sure with some help on the forum over the next year I will no longer need to do the daily gloop scoop.
Gloop? Show us some photo's of everything if you can.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
@ JRS, I hope so.

Your loop scoop" I do love them term you blokes use. I'm use to pull the crap out of the pond. And yes that was being nice.
But your manual removal is undoubtedly is working well if water is clear and your first thread is not green water or hair algae helpppp

Ps welcome

bjorn_toulouse

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for the reply, Hopefully the rain will clear and I will be able to take some photos.

The handicap I have is that the Mrs wanted a pond AND wants to pick the plants. So far I have had to.... build a pond, create an off grid shed to power the pumps, learn how to look after the Myriophyllum (the only oxygenator she picked, the rest are all marginals with the exception of the mini water lily) and now learn about algae control. Last weekend she wanted me to go up the park and get minnows for it.

Oh the Joys of married life.
Since the pond came on the scene I have not managed to get out on my scoot once this year! Quite an all consuming hobby.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply, Hopefully the rain will clear and I will be able to take some photos.

The handicap I have is that the Mrs wanted a pond AND wants to pick the plants. So far I have had to.... build a pond, create an off grid shed to power the pumps, learn how to look after the Myriophyllum (the only oxygenator she picked, the rest are all marginals with the exception of the mini water lily) and now learn about algae control. Last weekend she wanted me to go up the park and get minnows for it.

Since the pond came on the scene I have not managed to get out on my scoot once this year! Quite an all consuming hobby.
Reminds me when hubby and I were out walking on a bike trail near us and I spotted some lovely Azolla floating in a small wild pond. I said, I must have some so he took his long pants off and waded in there in his undies(the tighty whitey kind) and put some in a bucket we found in the bushes! People walked by but he was so deep in the water no one noticed he was w/o his long pants. He couldn't come out till it was safe :love:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States

Quite an all consuming hobby.,???????? Please clarify was that the pond or the WIFEY

bjorn_toulouse

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
here are some of the things I am up against

Attachments

• gloop 1.JPG
    gloop 1.JPG
    105 KB · Views: 20