Free Koi - Relocate

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am looking for 4 very large Koi to inhabit my 1/4 acre spring fed pond. If you're in need of a good home for your oversized Koi and wish to relocate them, I would be willing to welcome them to my pond. I can pick them up from you, within a reasonable distance from my Maryland home.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Howdy44.gif
and welcome @jakedog35

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
You want a lazy giant channel cat named fat bastard, I say that but I have grown to like ‘em for the most part. Since he was put in the pond at about an inch or two long.

Where are you located?

I don’t have any huge koi to get rid of but may not be too long incoming in the next year or so. Definitely have some of the runts to get rid of in the near future as they are starting to get bigger now.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am looking for 4 very large Koi to inhabit my 1/4 acre spring fed pond. If you're in need of a good home for your oversized Koi and wish to relocate them, I would be willing to welcome them to my pond. I can pick them up from you, within a reasonable distance from my Maryland home.
Hello - if you are still looking for Koi - I am looking to close a pond and have several I am looking ti rehome

Moni_Pond

Fish Mom
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I wish that I lived closer to you. I have one large koi that snuck into my pond as a baby on a plant. I never wanted any koi, only goldfish and rosey red minnows. I am in St Louis, Mo.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I wish that I lived closer to you. I have one large koi that snuck into my pond as a baby on a plant. I never wanted any koi, only goldfish and rosey red minnows. I am in St Louis, Mo.
Does anyone know of a way to send KOI safely via shipping?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
There is no humane way to ship live animals in the summer, IMO. Early spring or late fall, maybe, but it's too hot to have unattended animals in transit in the summer.
Not so.... the cheap Styrofoam coolers in a shipping cardboard box with an air pocket with an ice pack or two depending where you are going and over night will work just fine.
It's all in the shipping and shipper

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Not so.... the cheap Styrofoam coolers in a shipping cardboard box with an air pocket with an ice pack or two depending where you are going and over night will work just fine.
It's all in the shipping and shipper
No such thing as overnight or 1 day shipping in my region. I wouldn't risk it, knowing our shipping issues. I'm sure there are places it's not too hot, but I've watched packages in tracking that were supposed to be coming to me here in Vermont from a warehouse in New Jersey which went all the way down to Texas before coming back to Vermont.🤷‍♂️
Not to mention the constant traffic accidents Fed-Ex trucks seem to get into here, scattering everyone's packages all over the highway and medians.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
you have them over night to your airport and you go get it there have done it many times. yes airlines and shippers save money " eye roll" by sending to a major hub then to smaller airports, and yup Vermont is very poor on shipping. i know it well and m y inlaws were in the :"city of barre" hell i had to fly to atlanta from west virginia to go to ct all the time

Ask a Question