What is this disease?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My mother had had two fish for recently. This is the picture she sent me off the most recent.

Any ideas?

1000003506.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
welcome41.gif
@Hampstead
Can't tell ya what that is tho sorry! Is it alive? I've had bumps, lumps on a fish now and then and I just let it be as long as it is still eating and swimming around. Some can live for many years and seem to do ok. One day they give up the ghost tho.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Pesky auto correct. The first sentence should read: My mother has had two fish die recently.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
@Hampstead Hello and welcome, but sorry that you’re here for this reason.

This looks like carp pox, which under normal circumstances isn’t fatal to the fish. Most of the time, fish deaths are caused by poor water quality…..so that’s usually the best place to start……with some questions…..

Unfortunately, it’s almost impossible to diagnose a fish problem from just a picture. It would be more helpful if you could give us some information about your mom’s pond, such as how big it is, how many fish she has, how long has her pond been up and running, filtration, has she recently added any new fish, or has anything changed recently?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
@Hampstead Hello and welcome, but sorry that you’re here for this reason.

This looks like carp pox, which under normal circumstances isn’t fatal to the fish. Most of the time, fish deaths are caused by poor water quality…..so that’s usually the best place to start……with some questions…..

Unfortunately, it’s almost impossible to diagnose a fish problem from just a picture. It would be more helpful if you could give us some information about your mom’s pond, such as how big it is, how many fish she has, how long has her pond been up and running, filtration, has she recently added any new fish, or has anything changed recently?
From the look of the net there's a bit of algae in the pond why don't we start with some pics of the pond

Ask a Question