What does your pond look like ... Today?

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Went out this morning and found at least six ducklings have hatched! I went in to get my camera and came back out, but she hid them all. I was able to get this one, though.

IMG_9834 copy.jpg

EDIT: I sat out a while & they started revealing themselves.
IMG_9841 copy.jpg

IMG_9859 copy.jpg

IMG_9862 copy.jpg

Last edited:

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Mrs. Duck took her ducklings and left sometime this morning. Only 6 of the 12 eggs hatched. Guessing she brought them to the nearby pond in the woods. Might head back there to see if I can find them, but it's unlikely because it's really filled in with cattails the past few years.

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
@JBtheExplorer could you show where the nest was in relationship to your pond? How close did she let you get to her and her nest?

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
@JBtheExplorer could you show where the nest was in relationship to your pond? How close did she let you get to her and her nest?

You see the small wood bench straight across the pond between the pond and the house? She built her nest right between that and my house. I was able to reach my arm right over her head, within a foot of her. Not that I wanted to test the limits, but she built right where my pumps plug in, and one day I had to access it. She didn't care at all. Other than that, I typically never got within 5 feet of her nest while she was there, and she didn't care at all that I was out walking around or sitting.

IMG_9809 copy.jpg

Christopher Caudill

Christopher
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Beautiful pics and ponds everyone! My tropical marmorata lily has finally bloomed after it was potted and placed in it's new home. The pond seems to be thriving and the surface is mostly covered by lily pads.

DSC00769.jpg

IMG_8379.jpg

DSC00738.jpg

DSC00757.jpg

My water lotus seedling seems to be doing well, it has 5 pads so far.
DSC00754.jpg

DSC00743.jpg

DSC00765.jpg

I visited my grandmother last week and enjoyed some time on her farm. I snapped this shot of a hummingbird on her porch feeder.
DSC00732.jpg

Ask a Question