Tulas new fountain

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Picture of new fountain and basic garden shape finished . Still planning pots of flowers 🌸.

Attachments

• IMG_1674.jpeg
    IMG_1674.jpeg
    457.4 KB · Views: 56

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Picture of new fountain and basic garden shape finished . Still planning pots of flowers 🌸.
I've seen hummers that like to suck up water from fountains w/water coming out like yours does. Hopefully you will get to see that!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
I've seen hummers that like to suck up water from fountains w/water coming out like yours does. Hopefully you will get to see that!
Next to the fountain garden we have an arbor covered with Major Wheeler Honeysuckle vine and hummingbirds flock to it ! Some birds are discovering the fountain, I've seen cardinals sitting on its edge.

It's not the attraction for wildlife the pond was, but's it's pretty nice and it's does have a lovely sound.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
@Tula I love it! Every garden needs water of some sort and this is just beautiful!
Thank you ! It's located so I can see and hear it from my kitchen window and can be enjoyed outsides from our deck and pond patio.

I do miss the pond terribly, especially watching the fish swirl through the water. However, we're truly of the sandwich generation, with our active role in two year old granddaughter's life and my 88 year old mother.

I appreciate your kind words :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
So it the fountain where the pond was?
Yes. Closing and filling in the pond was a big project that we started last Fall.

I was amazed how good the condition of our liner was and the rock work had held perfectly all those many years. It was pretty difficult to remove the liner and underlayment, we used box cutters and cut it into strips. Getting the big Savio skimmer out was quite the chore !

After we'd removed the liner, underlayment, skimmer etc....we dismantled the water fall, plumbing and the structure that held the sand and gravel filter. We put a lot of rocks into the big hole, then added about 15 years of fill dirt and let it settle over the winter.

This Spring we added some more dirt where it had settled over the winter and began to lay out the shape, using Snap Edge. We were able to work on the lay out after we ordered the fountain as it took a couple month to come in. Once the fountain was installed, we finished with gravel paths , sod and shrubbery.

I need to go back and post some of the pictures of this big dirty job - LOL !

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Wish I could say that about my overhead cables to protect the koi but it's an necessary evil. But the wisteria lights that I added realy give off a very soft glow and looks pretty sweet

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
I wrote the man who we gave our koi too and much of our pond equipment. I told him I have additional equipment since closing the pond and would like to give it to him.

Sat. we're going to deliver the equipment and visit his fish farm and bring our almost three year old granddaughter. I'm quite excited, apparently Cha Cha is in a pond I'll be able to see her in, he says she's so friendly and sweet....I'm very excited !

I believe the other three koi are in his huge pond with his other retired koi. I'm not counting on being able to see them but I'm going to look....pretty excited :)

Ask a Question