So. Ca. Pond owners

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yes I to am a newbie. I'm searching on line on turtle forums now garden pond forums. I inherited two water turtles which I have cared for for 14 years. I'm now on disability and taking care of the 120 gal tank there in is harder for me. I want to find a nice pond to call there forever home. I cannot build one for them I hope to find someone who wants two additions to there pond. I'm in Covina CA. If anyone out there knows of a home for theses two females I'd really appreciate a response. Thank you.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1624146471176.gif
@RES Aunt
Sorry I don't know about down there. If you were up here in Washington I have a friend up the road who has 8 of them and she is building a place for them outside by her koi pond.

JRS

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Welcome! I have had a couple of female RES for 15 and 20 years from folks that did not want anymore. Other avenues might be Craigslist, a reptile rescue or sometimes humane societies can take them or provide an adoption listing at least. I see Petfinder for your area already has around 40 RES up for adoption so there is some competition. Hope you can find someone.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Welcome! I have had a couple of female RES for 15 and 20 years from folks that did not want anymore. Other avenues might be Craigslist, a reptile rescue or sometimes humane societies can take them or provide an adoption listing at least. I see Petfinder for your area already has around 40 RES up for adoption so there is some competition. Hope you can find someone.
Thanks for the info on Craigslist and petfinder. I already contacted 2 humane society and they said they can't take them. This is the reason why parks with ponds have so many turtles in them. People dump them off and it's illegal. I pray ill find a home for them.

Ask a Question