Sick fish

Reaction score
Country
Canada
We had a heat come here for a week and although I added water everyday I see 4 dead goldfish floating today. The pond is 7 feet x 4 feet. This is a picture of one of the unhealthy fish. Do you think it is heat related or a disease?

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Here are the picture's from my post a moment ago
20240625_192648.jpg
20240625_192745.jpg

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Yes, it's right from The tap. Pond in 3 feet deep in the middle. 7 x 4. Could it be the water softener from the tap

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
PICTURES OF YOUR POND ARE AS IMPORTANT FOR US TO HELP , IF NOT MORE SO then a pic of the fish. but here are the usual suspects with your situation.
1. adding chlorinated water without a dechlorinator.
2. Lack of oxygen, fish grow every day and the oxygen demand grows by the day as well, when temps rise oxygen saturation in water drops needing more measures to rise the oxygen levels.
3. As temps rise any levels within the basic test kits get magnified so a small amount of ammonia or nitrite in warmer waters intensifies its stress on our fish.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
If you're talking salt water softener, then yes, this could be an issue as is chlorine. How long have you had this pond? How old and big are these fish?

Ask a Question