Possible Leak In Dual Waterfall

Reaction score
Country
United States
No leaks along the edging is what that helps with. Won't say anything to a leak below water level.

So have you figured out how much water is being lost daily when everything is running was my guesstimate close ?
Just now saw your response. Not sure still how much as far as total gallons lost. All I have to go on is the fact that it appears to lose about an inch in 24 hrs, but was more a few weeks back when it was much hotter out. We're having another high temp week, so I'm continuing to monitor. I did order materials to rig up a water top off inside the vault.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Have you turned it off for 24 hours to see what that does? Also can you move most of the water to one side one day and the other side the next day? With how much water you are losing, you should be able to rule out certain areas for leaks even if you can't move 100% of the water to each side.

Reaction score
Country
United States
wind and heat are the two biggest issues I have with mine, especially when they work together and more than double the issue. Try putting a temp tent over the area to protect from both and see what that does.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Have you turned it off for 24 hours to see what that does? Also can you move most of the water to one side one day and the other side the next day? With how much water you are losing, you should be able to rule out certain areas for leaks even if you can't move 100% of the water to each side.
Yes, I've checked both falls separately for 24hrs. At this point I believe the excessive water loss is/was due to the very hot days we were having, and splashing. I just wasn't paying enough attention I guess. While carefully inspecting everything over the last week, I've noticed that certain areas of the falls were splashing quite a lot onto the outer rocks, etc. The only way to prevent that would be to back off on the amount of water flowing over, which of course would lessen the dramatic effect. Not sure yet what I'm going to do, but likely I'll just keep paying the high water bill! Lol

Ask a Question