addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That's why I use, Addy. I have a Davis Vantage Pro2 and use it with more elaborate software from www.weather-watch.com

Thanks, I will look into that site. Mine is a vantage pro2 also

get apache http server test page at the site, might be under going work on it or something.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Beautiful, sunny, 75ish temp, gentle wind blowing................should I say more?
3/4 in of ice all over everything at home, some of our trees came down.............oh well.

The only thing that sucks is we have to stop walking on the beach, too many man of wars, lil missy is getting stung even with us guiding her around them. The tentacles stay poisonous hours after the sail disappears, you just can't avoid them when there are thousands.
So we will be walking the side walk looking at the ocean until the man of war season is over.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Hopefully the Man of War goes away soon so little Missy can enjoy the beach again!

Sun is sure shinning bright and dispite the cold tempertures, it still felt good to be outside. I trimmed some of the crab apples branches away from the pond and threw them out front so the deer can eat them. The crabapple tree out front is really big and still has apples up high, but those branches had to go cause the apples are all dropping in the ponds. The deer have been comming almost every day out front and they cleaned all the billions of little frozen apples that fell all over the front grass last fall.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
They say it lasts a month or so, depends on the winds. Not worth harming her to walk in the sand. So sidewalk it is

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yep that would be ok to explore them but not for the little pup for sure. They are kinda pretty and strange looking things.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That sounds pretty neat - man-o-war jellyfish on the beach!
I would probably spend hours there!

They are beautiful, you can get great photos. The sails shrink up really fast once the sun hits them. The tentacles fall off, dry off and can still sting you for a few hours plus later. The sail part becomes a blob, the tentacles can stretch out for many feet around them.

There is tons of seed weed washing in right now, it is fun to go through it see what you can find, sea horses, sand dollars etc. But a ton of dead dried up man of wars, that sting like crazy.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I will remember this info on the jellies and steer clear if ever down on those Florida beaches. Don't need to get stung and ruin a nice trip. How long does the sting last on a human?

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Bleeping Cold & windy too!! Weather sucks here Mitch, Ponds only have small breather holes .... never saw such small breather holes for a long time!! I only used the 1250 watt heater last night cause never knew it was going to be THAT Friggen cold!! :dead: It was minus 39 with the wind chill last night and some stuff in my greenhouse froze again... when this freezing thing is done then I well see what made it... Some stuff will be OK cause they are pretty tough and can take a little freezing and still recover by spring, but the Jade plants look like toast!!! :hungover:

Ask a Question