Mystery pond hose attachment

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone identify the object below? I inherited a pond recently and when I took out an overgrown lily, this came to light. The hose between my fingers pulled off and I can't reconnect it (seems to be too small, I assume a bit's missing). The pump stopped working at that point. the detached section comes from the pond pump / filter. The other end goes to a small waterfall. I can't find anything like this online. Suggestions welcome!
mystery pond hose attachment.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That looks like some proprietary garbage/ meaning nothing else works with it. Now it also looks like you have kink free hose that is not will it fail but more when. However sometimes you can glue it into a standard pvc fitting with HEAVY DUTY PC CEMENT then on the other end you should have comparably sized fittings where you can use a fernco fitting that you tighten using hose clamps throwing a bead of caulking in the slip over can help give a better seal if there's mold lines on you original fitting.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
That looks like some proprietary garbage/ meaning nothing else works with it. Now it also looks like you have kink free hose that is not will it fail but more when. However sometimes you can glue it into a standard pvc fitting with HEAVY DUTY PC CEMENT then on the other end you should have comparably sized fittings where you can use a fernco fitting that you tighten using hose clamps throwing a bead of caulking in the slip over can help give a better seal if there's mold lines on you original fitting.
Could I just replace it with a connector and clamps? the hose is 32mm. I have caulking I can add. Many thanks for the advice!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
No idea hard saying without putting a tape to it. I myself would see what I had to do to beef up the fitting and hose to schedule 40 pvc and flex pvc hose

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could I just replace it with a connector and clamps? the hose is 32mm. I have caulking I can add. Many thanks for the advice!
I spoke to the previous owner. It’s the attachment from a hozelock pump apparently! Starting to think I should start over with this pond…

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The disadvantage is starting over. The advantage is starting a new clock and if done right you should get 20 years without an issue

Ask a Question