My small pond

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Thing is once they breed they will be mixed and no way to say what fish you have .I know I have koi mutts ,lots of koi mutts .Koi also need lots of aeration in the pond
Unless you do what I do!.... which is limit the number of fry (I never had more than 5 babies in one year) by removing anything the eggs could hide from getting eaten (that's why I keep plants in a separate pool) and re-home any baby that regardless my effort still manage to be born

..but just because I can manage my pond this way, doesn't mean it would work in another pond

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
if you have different kinds of fish they will interbreed so will not be a true what ever breed they started out to be .I remove the eggs also and always have and I still get babies .I have even found them in my filter .

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
As long as you have a female and a male fish you will have babies! I control mine by not feeding during spawning season. The fish inhale the eggs, some still survive though.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Hello, hope you figure out the type of koi you have, she is pretty. It's good you have a plan for the fish that may overpopulated your pond.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As long as you have a female and a male fish you will have babies! I control mine by not feeding during spawning season. The fish inhale the eggs, some still survive though.
Thanks for your tip I will definitely look into this!. :)(y)

Ask a Question