Koi or Goldfish ?

Reaction score
Country
United States
koi or goldfish Can anyone identify the dark gray / black fish? He was part of 70 plus babies we had 3 years ago, we have only had koi and goldfish in our pond. He doesn't have barbels so tells me not koi. His dorsal fin I can't really tell if it goes all the way to the tail. Goldfish will have a space between the two. The only black goldfish I see are black mor and he's not one of them. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-nkY8_XqTEnKy6NxCA1ZDA

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
koi or goldfish Can anyone identify the dark gray / black fish? He was part of 70 plus babies we had 3 years ago, we have only had koi and goldfish in our pond. He doesn't have barbels so tells me not koi. His dorsal fin I can't really tell if it goes all the way to the tail. Goldfish will have a space between the two. The only black goldfish I see are black mor and he's not one of them. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-nkY8_XqTEnKy6NxCA1ZDA
Koi and goldfish can breed together so it's prolly just an offspring that didn't get the gene for barbels? It's huge and has the beautiful fins of a Butterfly koi! I'm just guessing and I don't have koi, just goldfish.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Koi and goldfish can breed together so it's prolly just an offspring that didn't get the gene for barbels? It's huge and has the beautiful fins of a Butterfly koi! I'm just guessing and I don't have koi, just goldfish.
Thank you for the reply.

Ask a Question