Holding place for fish while pond is reconstructed

Reaction score
Covered for the night incase the rain really comes for the next two days. Don't know how long I can handle the mess that was my beautiful yard! My fish better love me as much as I love them after this is all said and done. Sorry my pic are sideways...hate having to tilt my head! TentoverPond.JPG

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Shame you did not have the liner in yet you would get a free fill :razz: I know when I did mine it rained hard out for 2 days and gosh it helped fill the pond .

Reaction score
Isnt that the truth! The liner is scheduled to arrive tomorrow and the worst of the rain is Wednesday so might get to get one nights rain to help fill the pond. Course I could wake up and have no rain for the next two days also.

Reaction score
So here is a question............If I were to put a lilly in the deepest portion of 4' would it survive and I'd have lillies coming to the surface or can it only be so far below the surface?

Reaction score
Lily's don't like to be that deep. I built a fish fort out of two of the black sterlite file crates that I sit a lily pot on top off. I took the two crates, cut out the handles, cut out some other large access points on the long sides, then stacked them so the open parts joined up. I used zip ties to connect them to each other. So it is essentially a black plastic box with a bunch of various size holes in it. With a lily pot siting on the top. The fish love it.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
You can cut holes bigger in the crates like I did with a jig saw .i needed bigger holes for my fish .

Reaction score
Hubs decided to frame out the interior of the pond with chicken wire..then lay down carpet and then the liner. I will take pics along the way as they just drove up with everything except the liner which is on a UPS truck to be delivered today *hopefully earlier than later*.

Reaction score
Ummmmm...I think he miscalculated how much liner we needed!! Anyone want to buy some brand new liner?image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 241

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
good gosh how big a liner did he order .You have enough by the looks of it to make another pond the same size .Oh just wait until he puts that pump in . :razz: It will be like yellow stone park in your yard

Reaction score
He ordered a 30x30 and need a 20x30. So we have a 10x30 leftover. Y'all are too funny and he's embarrassed. Could be worse ..could be too small!

Ask a Question