High PH and high Ammonia cloudy green water

Reaction score
Country
Spain
It's a little longer but kinda of narrows in middle so I rounded it up but it's zero entry one end and drops off to 2 metres so I allowed for that with the 1 metre round up pal ,, I think it's about right as is 9 meters by 5 metres and approx 1.2 metres it's got large wooden structure over top and thatched roof keep the sun off ,, but yes maybe I put another pump in and another Bio filter larger than the original one ,,, I have big river rocks to one side perhaps take a large stone away and put large square sun sun Bio filter ,, but I also would like to get some seperate water movement as is I only have aerators and water falling onto rocks as you see

Attachments

• 20240820_183557.jpg
    20240820_183557.jpg
    301.7 KB · Views: 5
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome.
Sorry to say you can increase your filtration. Do water changes. Lighten the fish load improve the quality of the food so it's better digestive. Do routine maintenance and vacuuming. And it's all a waste of time untill you stop runoff from getting in your pond it's pretty much a pointless battle. Solve that issue then we can see if you have anything else that maybe lacking, or needs improvement.

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Yes all addressed now ,, I put and small stone wall all around ,, rain can be Biblical some times here and we got caught out ,, now we have large culverts and land drains all over starting from front gates ,, grass has regrown so I don't expect it to be a problem again,,
We lost stables last time so dealt with quickly and efficiently ..
I HOPE

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Yes all addressed now ,, I put and small stone wall all around ,, rain can be Biblical some times here and we got caught out ,, now we have large culverts and land drains all over starting from front gates ,, grass has regrown so I don't expect it to be a problem again,,
We lost stables last time so dealt with quickly and efficiently ..
I HOPE
LOST STABLES???? LIKE AS IN FOR HORSES water ran from a stable to your pond.? That would definitely give you enough run off and nutrients to last for a decade. If that's the case you could give your system a chance to see if it can clear things up but I'd bet you need to clean the pond well and start over. If alot of manuer made it to the pond

Reaction score
Country
Spain
No my friend haha its hard to relay all like this plot basically is split into 3 zones top is house ,, walled and highest point ,, middle is orchards and pond ,, bottom is horse area with 3 paddocks and stables ,, what happened is water torrential came down lane built up behind entrance gates and poured in and around house into other areas taking with it sand from around pond into pond , carried on and flooded poor horse and stables all was brand new soil , sand and landscaped it all washed away ,, now it's been grassed and sand is held back by rockery etc land drains installed and will never be a problem again ,, I am lowest farm on the end of a long track so I have to expect water problems and dealt I hope with it now ,, I have started a drain and I intend to deal with over stock and clean all once and for all ,, planting some more grassed and making space for extra filtration I had enough ,,
My question now is this ,,,,
How many fish should I leave in 3 grass carp 2 sturgeon and pick out the prettiest Gold fish so what do you say ,, feed wise I think I over done it badly ,, so some quality food and how many times a week and how much ,, sturgeon eats sinking pellets the carp I putting some Asian grasses in as they have eaten all my lillies the arses and goldfish ?? What say 20 or 30 fish ? Feed them every other day and hand full max ?? I think because I was over feeding perhaps the natural predation didn't happen and lots of fry survived??
Being too kind dosnt pay eh
I clean filter on a back wash cycle 3 times a week to drain and complete wash all incl uv every month ,,, Any thing else you suggest ,,
I was also going to build a DIY floating planting with something the carp could nibble on and offer some nice planting and area for birds to land ??
Buy like this is it just stinks and green can't see anything now as before it was pink pebble on bottom and lovely fish you could see from every angle .regards

Ask a Question