Help anyone have any ideas ?????

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
I'll take a pond over a tank for sure,
Being disabled thanx tgo a bad motorbike accident we felt the tank was the better option peter , this worked well for 22 years but each tank clean to more and more out of my legs and i the end I started making mistakes impacting on our koi's health .
We decided that whe our favorite koi dealership sold up again through health issues with the owner and did a deal on one of his large QT ponds
Which weve been putting together with the help of our neighbour for the last 6 years with only the cosmetics left now to finish [the koi have been out doors fo the last 6 years].
The pond we bought for £600.00 UK , the 6 x 2 x 2.5 fish tank was sold for £600.00 UK [an extermely good price for a 22 year old tank], we bought the tank for £790 so it didnt loose much in the way of prie unlike normal tanks.
Then would you believe we came up as the £1,000.00 UK winner of St Lukes Hospices main prize which covered the cost of the build , as such so far it hasnt cost us a penny to build .
I'm a believer in good Karma [I've had enough bad Karma to last me a lifetime] , so you could say we were meant to carry on yes:happy:?.

"But I digress this thread is about my lost sun glasses"

Ok so we went along with the powerful magnet idea [thank you all so much for your suggestions]:happy:
So we went fishing for it in the dead of niht last night but after an hour of trying we had caught approximately nothing :cry:
I decided that this morning at first light just prior to the sun breasting the top of our home , switching off the air I had halved the tank with the magnet , but still I found [nothing]:cry:.
When we bought the pond we had to retro fit the whole thing including the bottom drain Bubbler which we found popped up out of the drain when the air was switched on.
To cure this I found a sick traffic cone and removed the weight that was its base cleaned it up painted it with pond paint the idea worked the central hole was the same circumferance as our bubbler and it gives us a clearance around its edges of a 1/4 of an inch it works very well indeed :cool: :).
I noticed that we had moved this base off center so moved it back centeral and I spotted the sunclasses had been left exposed by the move but half way around the pond from where I had dropped them .
I lowered the magnet to just over it and it stuck to the magnet :cool: all the way to the surface :happy: after a clean they are back over my nose stuck to the small magnet the glasses where designed to hold onto wih their own small magnet [beats the crap out of those clip on ones] :LOL:
I switch the air back on to the pond and will go out a little later to give them a celibratory treat of Kusuri Silkworm pupae ;)
DFor now tough I need a piping hot mug of :coffee: to rid me of the mornings chill :)

Dave

Last edited:

peter hillman

Let me think for minute....
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
Mornin! Unfortunate about your M/C accident, not what I want to hear as I ride almost daily.
I had a beautiful reef tank at one time, then when my daughter was born it got too expensive to maintain. So I reverted BACK to freshwater to save $$ but still have a tank. After awhile the freshwater tank just couldn't keep my interest after having the reef tank so it finally sold.
I also have the magnetic 'clip on' glasses, pretty expensive but love them! Congats on your salvage work!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
I've just had to biker friends sustain life changing injuries after colliding with a Land Rover Dave has lost a leg and may well loose an arm and kay has head injuries and its not sure if she too has to loose a legs or not [we pray for them].
The roads are full of idiots asnd riding a bike is getting more and more dangerous .
Two years ago we had a biker almost decapitated after hitting a cement mixer who had cut him off its driver tested as drunk [they still put out flowers for him in memory to this day].
The guy who bought the tank from us wanted it only for the glass its base and lid we broke up and burned [the base being rotte due to leaks from our filters .
It now sits pride of place in his house as a huge reef setup 6 x 2 x 2.5, 220 Imperial gallons with filters which equates to one ton of water.
I love those glasses you dont get the problems you have with the reactor lite glasses that still remain dark for a while after coming in doors , we paid £300.00 UK each for our magnetic glasses and prescription magnetic sunglasses but all you need do is take them off the glasses when you come back indoors rather than wait fr the glasses to go clear , so yes they were expensive peter .

Dave

Ask a Question