Frogs in pond

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Life got crazy and I’ve not been here much but I started a new pond build and shortly it will get some residents.

I would love to put in two or three tadpoles. My concern is that I live nowhere near any kind of water source frogs might choose to live, with the exception of my pond.

So I’m wondering whether I should add some or not.

Is it the right thing to do”

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When i created my garden pond frogs arrived in spring and then lots of spawn , then my fish started dying , probably due ti spawn being poisonous to fish - to discourage them from eating spawn!. This cycle of spawn /fish death happened for several years till i researched the coincidece. I now relocate any frogs and spawn at least a half mile away and no longer suffer spring fish deaths, it works for me!

Reaction score
Country
United States
I thought that was only Cane frogs, I have had fish and frogs in my little pond for years. However I feed the fish and feed the frogs so noone eats each other

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I thought that was only Cane frogs, I have had fish and frogs in my little pond for years. However I feed the fish and feed the frogs so noone eats each other
I feed my fish too. They also have a go at anything that falls in too- mind your finger!
Relocating frogs and spawn has had a positive result for me and Dyson and his family

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Life got crazy and I’ve not been here much but I started a new pond build and shortly it will get some residents.

I would love to put in two or three tadpoles. My concern is that I live nowhere near any kind of water source frogs might choose to live, with the exception of my pond.

So I’m wondering whether I should add some or not.

Is it the right thing to do”
Frogs are everywhere . Most go walk about every night looking for a meal.

Ask a Question