1000 gallon garden pond

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Well, I am bummed. We had a hard rain last night and I lost a lot of the moss that was growing in the waterfall. It got washed into the pond. I fished out what I could and placed it on the rocks on the right side. Will wait and see if it takes hold. Below are pictures before and after.

moss, iris, forgetmenots 2024-5-23 before and after.jpg

YShahar

Enthusiastic duct-tape engineer
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Israel
Well, I am bummed. We had a hard rain last night and I lost a lot of the moss that was growing in the waterfall. It got washed into the pond. I fished out what I could and placed it on the rocks on the right side. Will wait and see if it takes hold. Below are pictures before and after.
Bummer! I hope it can reattach and grow back. It looks really amazing growing on those rocks. I wish I could grow it here.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Hi @Tula ! I miss hearing about your pond. I saw in another thread that you filled it in. I was hoping you would keep it and have goldfish. I still have pictures saved of your pond and garden for inspiration.
We have a new fountain and are working on landscaping. We've created paths around it that created 4 quadrants to garden.....still looking at plants.

Obviously it's not a pond and it doesn't compete with a 3000 gph waterfall ! But, it is the sound of running water, and it's soothing. It's situated to be seen from my kitchen sink and enjoyed on both our deck and pond patio.

It used to be easy to post pictures here, but I'm not sure how to do it now. If I can figure it out, I post some pictures.

Thank you for your kind words about our pond, I miss it very much, but it was the right decision for us.....especially re homing our 4 koi with Mark at DePugh Fish Farm....what a truly kind man who loves pond and fish !

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We have a new fountain and are working on landscaping. We've created paths around it that created 4 quadrants to garden.....still looking at plants.

Obviously it's not a pond and it doesn't compete with a 3000 gph waterfall ! But, it is the sound of running water, and it's soothing. It's situated to be seen from my kitchen sink and enjoyed on both our deck and pond patio.

It used to be easy to post pictures here, but I'm not sure how to do it now. If I can figure it out, I post some pictures.

Thank you for your kind words about our pond, I miss it very much, but it was the right decision for us.....especially re homing our 4 koi with Mark at DePugh Fish Farm....what a truly kind man who loves pond and fish !
posting a picture is not hard. lets start with the camera. take your picture, start a post like you just id here. click on attach file at the bottom of this post. then you'll need to find the picture, usually it will be in the pictures folder, maybe a recent folder or you may even have to select the newest dumb idea in my update whats new this week . click the photo. or if you know the name of the picture you can try drag and drop

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I would love to see pictures of your new garden. I am into gardening as much as I am into ponding. ;)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Love the moss addition to the layout. This is everything I'm not Kiss pond. Maybe someday I'll learn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Keep it Simple... ;)
Yup simple build it in a weekend or two no rocks that tip over a 40,000 pound machine. Or requires multiple loads from 18 wheelers of stone be brought to the site.
You can weed the entire set up in an hour. You have gold fish that are feeders and not have to install cables over head to keep out the preditors. . Not saying anything negative about Cas's pond I'm just saying I'm dumb and a glutton for punishment but I do need to keep myself busy

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have both, I have taken pond ones stuck in the ground and they have done great. this one went from pong to bog, a few on land. Just now blooming, a lot of flowers.
View attachment 163526
blues and yellow iris have exploded great year for them, as is the for get me nots. and monkey flower, even the pitchers have put up more flowers this year than any other but no gamecocks yet. beautiful color on that one stunning

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I would love to see pictures of your new garden. I am into gardening as much as I am into ponding. ;)
I THOUGHT I WAS BUILDING A POND INSTEAD I BUILT A COMPLETE ECO SYSTEM dammn caps , thank god i can build better than i type or you all would just have me on ignore.

Ask a Question