Bog Filter

Reaction score
Country
United States
Good morning to everyone. I’m looking for a good source on how to build a bog filter. I have searched a got tip bits but nothing on a in depth build . Thanks

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
What @Jhn said. Also, keep in mind that every situation can be a little bit different, so you may not find the answer to everything you want to know in one bundle. Sometimes you have to compromise/improvise, so knowing and understanding the basics is essential. And, you always have us as a resource.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
In building a bog there seems to be the basic idea and then it is very customisable. It does not need to be a rectangle nor does it have to be above the water level it can go at the bottom . Many ways to build a pond with a bog.
Probably the easiest to do is give us an idea on what you see it to be . Fish load size type a few pictures. Then we can help get you in the right direction

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning to everyone. I’m looking for a good source on how to build a bog filter. I have searched a got tip bits but nothing on a in depth build . Thanks
Hi.. I'm new to the group...I found the YouTube channel Ozponds very useful when setting up mine?

Attachments

• IMG_20240809_150600.jpg
    IMG_20240809_150600.jpg
    345.2 KB · Views: 13
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Welcome. I used the @addy1 guide as recommended in the earlier post by @Jhn . It's my only filter and does a great job - simple to assemble, flexible for most conditions and efficient. Maintenance is minimal - gardening chores mostly. The bog is now as rewarding as the pond - tons of plants will thrive in there. No uv lights, chemicals or filters. Best solution ever.
One tip - oversize the bog if you can for more gardening space :)
LOTS of helpful posts here of others' experience building, planning and enjoyment of their bogs. Good luck and ask questions - the folks here are good about helping.

Reaction score
Country
United States

Lots of good info

Reaction score
Country
United States

Lots of good info
Lots of good, budget friendly, info.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I found Ozponds videos on YouTube after I built my pond. This fall (hopefully) I am going to redo my filtration by installing an upflow bog with a bottom drain valve to allow back-flow draining/cleaning.

Ask a Question