2022 caught 20 , 2023 #22 - #27, 2024, #28-29, #30 Caught

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
So strange , nothing but snakes last year, the year before. This year caught the one small juvenile, saw big fat mom, have not seen or caught a snake since.

I am thrilled, not believing it until the end of the year. Maybe they moved on, got eaten, died, whatever, but right now snake free.
Or they went up against a stubborn Woman who refused to harm them . And who cleaned out the area of snakes , 24 snakes in one year in one area, to me says you came close to getting the mating ball all relocated.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Or they went up against a stubborn Woman who refused to harm them . And who cleaned out the area of snakes , 24 snakes in one year in one area, to me says you came close to getting the mating ball all relocated.
I sure hope so! We are still cooler than normal, but not cold enough for them to not wander around. Time will tell!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I hope no snakes are reading this thread! They'd be thinking: "Snake free, eh? Sounds like a great place to get away from the crowds. We'll be right over!"
We have 5 to 6 foot black snakes, they have made a snack of some of the water snakes...................I have not seen any of them in awhile. Usually it is a chance occurrence.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
We have 5 to 6 foot black snakes, they have made a snack of some of the water snakes...................I have not seen any of them in awhile. Usually it is a chance occurrence.
So the black snakes eat the water snakes and not your fish right?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Never say never I bet there are thousands in Ukraine at the moment that have said similar after they ate something that they never thought they would

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Never say never I bet there are thousands in Ukraine at the moment that have said similar after they ate something that they never thought they would
Well I do pray I will never have to go through something like that. All we have here is small Garter snakes anyways! I might be able to go cannibalistic on some politician snakes around this country, might not taste so good tho :happy:

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Snakes will eat other snakes if they catch them. I have never seen the black snakes in the ponds.
Snake tastes like chicken
I ate a piece of a side winder out in Colorado, when we were sand duneing. It got killed by mistake. It does taste like chicken. Not bad.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
#23 and 24 caught. Both small this years snaklings.
I was going to pull the traps, nope, not any more.
When it's least expected! Here they come again...............glad you got the little dudes!
Think this is going to be a lifelong thing keeping the traps in there for your peace of mind.
You are a good fishy mom :happy:

Ask a Question