What does your pond look like ... Today?

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Seems like my pond has stopped leaking around the 3" mark, so the puncture has to be somewhere on the wall. I looked around a bit for it last night but haven't found it yet.

View attachment 163244

Someone once suggested pouring something like milk around the edge a little at a time to see if it shows a flowing of it out. My fix worked some but there was some liner right near the corner of my rocks covering the side of my stainless steel water fall container where I could see little particles flowing outward. So maybe someday I will take all those many rocks off the side and fix it. For now the water is hiding all the liner but just not right up as high as where I wanted it to be. Maybe I am being too picky?

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Look how mad this bullfrog is that the pond water level is lower.

IMG_6925 copy.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
1715888874612.png

Is this spawning that is going on, there is a certainly a smell to this whole business ever since a week or two ago.
Also, plants in the bog are growing well but Iris is getting to the point where it's roots or rhizome presumably cannot support the foliage so it's falling over without me tying it to something, i assume that will stabilize soon?

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Could it be a wicking thing rather than a hole?

No, I don't think so. This started when I pulled pots out of my pond. Ever since then, it drops to about 3" of exposed liner and stops.

Other than that, I lowered a bit of liner days earlier, but it didn't start leaking until well after that. But I've been checking that area too, and no sign of anything. No signs of wicking. Then again, no signs of a puncture, either. It's a tricky one.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I THINK I FINALLY FOUND THE LEAK!

I don't want to celebrate too soon, but I was feeling around for about the 15th time and I'm pretty confident I found what felt like a small puncture. Right now it's below water because we've had a ton of rain, so I have to let the pond drain down before I can try to take a look at it. It's also on a bit of a crease so it might be difficult to work with.

I may make a separate post about it as it may draw more eyes, but for anyone who's had experience, what's the easiest way to fix a small puncture? Is a patch the way to go? Is it possible to use some kind of sealant? I probably should have been researching this ahead of time, but I figured I'd find the leak and then go from there.

Ask a Question