Struggling Water Lilly

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi everyone!
I am hoping to get some advice on a water lilly. I have a container pond and the lilly wintered in the container for the last two years. Last year it only bloomed once and the bloom did not open. This year there are only a few leaves and they are burgundy in color. Is this lilly in the dying process or can it be saved?
Lisa

JRS

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Have you been fertilizing it? If so, how often/much? Amount of sun? If the tubers are firm, that is a good sign, mushy is bad.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Have you been fertilizing it? If so, how often/much? Amount of sun? If the tubers are firm, that is a good sign, mushy is bad.

It hasn’t been fertilized since the year before last. I actually didn’t check the tubers but I will when I get home from work. It gets morning/early afternoon sun and evening shade.

JRS

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Sounds like fertilizer/lack of nutrients might be your issue. Many give them a good dose at the start of the growing season and others will even supplement during the season if blooms decrease.

Ask a Question