Racoon control?

TBH

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
Canada
Last summer when I had my old pond witch is now renovation to my new pond that Im making soon racoons always came to swim inside and eat the fake lily pads i had on the pond any good ways to prevent predators on a budget i heard nit guard was good?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
318C0304-E0FE-4557-B3FA-97BCAC9E9A79.jpeg
Last summer when I had my old pond witch is now renovation to my new pond that Im making soon racoons always came to swim inside and eat the fake lily pads i had on the pond any good ways to prevent predators on a budget i heard nit guard was good?
Good luck on keeping the raccoons out......the best deterant to having raccoons out of your pond is to have it deep......but you can't get rid of them......between my garbage can and my bird feeders they live a good life.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
@TBH - I agree with @Jimmy Gibson . Raccoons are sneaky, persistent, clever, and determined. Although if yours were eating fake plants, they appear to not be the smartest in the bunch. I had a bucket of water lilies that I had culled from my plants and was going to re-home them. Our resident raccoon helped himself to them. Took a bite out of every one, spread them all over, and didn't bother cleaning up after himself. Rude! He also likes to hide in our outside garbage can and surprise us when we throw trash away at night - that's good for an adrenaline rush!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Sarah and I always kick the side of the garbage can.......been many times one would come bouncing out

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
We keep a bungee cord on ours most of the time. But sometimes someone forgets to replace it. When I realized the bungee is off, I just turn right around with my bag of trash and come back in the morning!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We have tons of raccoons, they never seem to bother the pond. But mine is deep except at the shallow walk out end.

Ask a Question