New to this i have inhereted a smalll pond / bathtub 3 x koi 2 x gold fish pond was green sludge pump not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just moved into new house scorching heat and a pond that's not a pond I would say a bathtub that is full of green sludge couldn't even see the fish and pump not working and found 5 fish in there 2 on there sides how are they alive I don't know I have been a got a temp pool filled it pump bacteria and moved them to it 1 of the fish are now ok but one is now swimming on its side think I may lose him need some help on treatment not had fish before I am having a new pond dug this weekend 3m x 2m x 1m need to get liner help on what I should get I am looking at the bio smart 18000 pk recommended help again and liner have just spent 100 pound on air pump to get air in to paddling pool for the fish just looking for some advise on all this even shape or pond possibly

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am sorry for your distress. You sound like a caring fish parent to be working on building them a new home. There is a lot of info on this site that can help you figure out what you need. A local pond/water garden store may be helpful as well. Build it as big as you can. You can always make changes over time. I do not have any specific suggestions for your fish. Do you have aeration in the water they are currently in? I think you said yes. That is important for them.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok so digger is here i have the room for a 3.5 x 2.5 x 1m pond i have just spent 100 pound on pondtec 1800 air stone set currently in paddling pool running I looking to get the biosmart 24000 set filter pump I believe this is ok I have 2 koi and 2 gold fish now as I have just lost a koi yesterday will ad poss two more koi and that's it.should I put shelves in the pond or not should I put plants in the koi pond I think I have read they will just eat them a little more help if you could spare would be appreciated as I need to get the fish back in a good home quickly as they are currently in a 8 ft by 4 pool as a temp home

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
colturn

Latest Threads