How to plant impatiens in filter

Reaction score
Country
United States
are there any other garden store variety annual flowers that do as well as impatiens in a bog or similar environment?
Begonias do well in mine (but then they get eaten by snails lol). One that does crazy well is society garlic. It has a tall flower stem with little purple flowers and is a very good accent. Apparently marigolds are doing great in bogs from what I've read elsewhere on this forum?! (i'm def going to try this).

I've found more plants that do fine in a bog than plants that don't like being in one though I'm still pretty new to the hobby. I think most of the annuals I put in mine where just random purchases that I'd stick in to see what happened, but I have yet to find a plant that completely rejects it (and I'll gladly open myself up to more experienced folks who DO know of plants that hate it haha).

Reaction score
Country
United States
Apparently marigolds are doing great in bogs from what I've read elsewhere on this forum?! (i'm def going to try this).
There is a bog-specific type of plant called a Marsh Marigold (Caltha palustris) which is different than a land-type marigold (calendula and Tagetes families). I've never heard of using the land-type marigolds in a bog - please let us know how it goes!

Ask a Question