Hello from Missouri

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Welcome to GPF! Very nice pond. There are some people here that have a broad range of knowledge about all types of ponds. How long have you been in the country? It looks really beautiful!

Reaction score
Country
United States
@CometKeith I grew up in the country and have always like nature and all that goes with it. I built this house about 11 years ago and hoped to have a nice pond eventually. It is getting there with lots of hard work as you all know. Ponds of all sizes take lots of effort.
I have browsed around and there are lots of neat and beautiful ponds on here. I can tell there is lots of work gone into each one of them.
Thanks
Dave

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Can I ask do you have a pond aerator or a windmill aerator >there is guy here that has a great looking pond he built and built a bridge over it and now makes money to help the pond by renting it out fr graduation pics and wedding pics on the bridge .My niece and nephew both had there pics taken there .Great way to make money off a pond to improve on it .He even as lights on the fountain for night pics

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have bottom diffusers for aeration. These only pump air to these diffusers causing a lift in the water. When placed in the deep portion it will cause the pond water to mix from the top to the bottom. This allows more oxygen in the entire water column bottom to top.
The fountains are nice but can get pretty spendy. For the true mixing like I am trying to get the bottom aeration is the best in my case.
Dave

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yep it is interesting and I have all the usual suspects. In the pond I have a mix of fish I enjoy feeding and watching, A ton of tadpoles and now some small frogs. Then the bigger bull frogs, with all these it can get quite "noisy" lol but it is all relative. A few ducks and coots pass thru and stay for a while but I haven't gotten to the point to keep them around. Still working on that.
We do live out in the country so we see our share of other wildlife that comes thru.
Hello all my name is David and in my searching around I found this fun and informative forum. My pond is a bit different as it is about 1 acre and is a ton of work... I am coming to this site mainly for plant information. I know this is a daunting task but I cant seem to find much elsewhere. I need some to help with the nutrient levels, but really want to improve the look of my pond and the area around it.
I know that water chemistry will also be similar so I am looking for that type of info as well.
Thanks and I look forward to learning and hope I can share as well.
Dave
Hello fellow Missourian! Are you close to the bootheel. I have some koi that would love to go home with you lol

Ask a Question