Going for it! phase one 12,000 gallon pond.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Start with shubunkins. I have them, easy to care for pretty.
That's why I'm thinking of starting off with just feeder goldfish and avoiding Koi altogether. Seems you feel their loss more strongly and they're so much more expensive. Sorry for your loss, though.
20240413_134947.jpg

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
That's why I'm thinking of starting off with just feeder goldfish and avoiding Koi altogether. Seems you feel their loss more strongly and they're so much more expensive.
I don't know. I feel an attachment to my 19 year old goldfish. ;)

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Sad day one of my first fish and who was my largest fish fell to a Bald Eagle today.
So sorry. How big was Anubus?
And we thought we had to just worry about blue heron. I had a hawk go into the pond going after my fish last year. Thank goodness the net was over the pond. The net got torn out of its supports and laying in the pond when he was done, but it protected the fish. Boy was the hawk surprised!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
22 to 24 inch, he was the large armor scaled brown and gold koi you'll see in almost every underwater video

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I'll have the new protection finished this weekend this will protect the fish leaving really only one way in for birds . But it needs some final tweeking with new nets so it won't be annoying for me. The new net keeps me from accessing dead pool and that's my space to catch unwanted fish . Can't go blocking that. I have a plan said the Dr.

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I look forward to seeing what you have come up with. My net makes it difficult for me to get at the pond and I am not too crazy with having the small fences along the side to raise the net for the plants, but I have gotten attached to the fish so I live with the inconvenience.

Ask a Question