Flex seal to fix leaking plastic pond insert

Reaction score
Country
United States
Can anyone tell me if flexseal or flex tape is toxic to fish? I have a small preformed pond. That leaks when it gets very cold out. I'd like to use these products to seal the leak.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I will say… I have used it in my waterfall and it did not kill any of my fish. I could have gotten lucky though. I had a leaking waterfall and honestly it didn’t work for me. Best thing I ever did for a leaking waterfall was just use pond liner.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
welcomefromgang4.gif
@ItsBoTime

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
A LINER is really the only way to repair this problem. PREFORMS crack plain and simple . FLEX PASTE OVER THE CRACK MAY WORK IF IT IS THICK AND WIDE ENOUGH. but it is only temporary . liner liner and liner is the simplest chapest best option

Reaction score
Country
United States
A LINER is really the only way to repair this problem. PREFORMS crack plain and simple . FLEX PASTE OVER THE CRACK MAY WORK IF IT IS THICK AND WIDE ENOUGH. but it is only temporary . liner liner and liner is the simplest chapest best option
Are you suggesting a liner be placed inside the pre form that is cracked?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
YES I WULD REMOVE the preform they are time sensative they all are going to age and get brittle and crack. remove it put the liner in and ask in the forum how to hide the liner at the surface

Reaction score
Country
United States
YES I WULD REMOVE the preform they are time sensative they all are going to age and get brittle and crack. remove it put the liner in and ask in the forum how to hide the liner at the surface
I'd be more concerned with something puncturing it from below the liner

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
SAND. LANDSCAPE WEED BARRIOR, CARDBOARD , AAND OLD CARPET ARE MNAY OF THE TRICKS TO PREVENT THAT . take my word for it my cistern sits in a old glass bottle dump , doesn't get much worse than that

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yep I used old carpet, blankets, towels,cardboard etc. and our ground is sandy and shy of many rocks. Anything to make it nice and thick and soft under that liner. Get rid of the pre-form or more headaches in the future.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I had contacted Flex Seal several years ago about their products being fish safe. They indicated that they are. I've used flex seal on both FW planted tanks and saltwater tanks. No issues even after years of use.

Ask a Question