Best Underwater Glue for Plastic?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Good morning.

My pond pump’s t-pipe snapped when pulling it out of the pond and I was wondering if anyone knew of a good glue for putting the plastic back together. Many glues I see are only rated to go down to like 12 inch depth or can barely handle any type of pipe pressure.

I have a ~275 gallon pond.
IMG_7411.jpeg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
You'll want to try and find a fitting that will go over that broken part. there is no glue for plastic end to end joints that will be strong enough. that is why we have slip or threaded fittings

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
If thi section is underwater constantly you could drain the pond set the pump where it will be put the pieces in line then take some gorila tape and hold the pipes together. take a torch and heat the tape it shrink making it tighter but do not BURN IT just heat it up you'll see then wrap with flex seal tape and if it leaks a little it really doesn't matter

Reaction score
Country
United States
You'll want to try and find a fitting that will go over that broken part. there is no glue for plastic end to end joints that will be strong enough. that is why we have slip or threaded fittings
Never would thought of using a fitting, my mind kept going to glue or tape. Thanks for the advice.

Ask a Question