Why is water leaking?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello.
House with pond, pond inherited from previous owner.

Been here 3 years and not had problems before now.
How can i stop the water backflowing as ahown in pic.
All suggestions welcomed.
The filter handle has been turned and water coming out is now clear. I have poked a bendy pipe through to look for blockage, pipe came out other end as i could see it.

Attachments

• IMG_7321.jpeg
    IMG_7321.jpeg
    227 KB · Views: 20
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
That's not a standard plumbing job there, but I would just throw out a wild guess that something is blocking the line?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thankyou. I would not know what standard is lol. I put a pipe through it and could see that it came out the other end where waterfall is. So if blocked not completely. What would you use to put through the pipe to clean it?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
If you have been there three years and it's an older pond i would suspect that the KINK free garbage tubing your have has seen it's day it does not last all that long the more it is bothered / moved the more it is likely to failure/ i would start with replacing it it checking the bulked fitting see if where the tubes goes through the liner or pond is not the source of the leak

Ask a Question